Your privacy is important to us. This statement outlines the JobSkillsNetwork™ policy on how we manage the personal information we hold about our customers and others. It applies to all operations within JobSkillsNetwork™ and Jobs In Central Queensland™, which are trade marks of WIC GROUP PTY. LTD (ABN 23 603 386 705), including visitors to our websites jobskillsnetwork.com and jobsincentralqueensland.net.au.
It is the policy of Jobs In Central Queensland and JobSkillsNetwork™ to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. JobSkillsNetwork™ is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) in Australia; and by the Information Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1993 in New Zealand.
We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you submit to us remains private, and is used only for the purpose you agree to. This document reflects our commitment to you.
Where our documents ask for personal information, we will generally state the purpose for its use and to whom it may be disclosed.
Type of personal information held by JobSkillsNetwork™
Personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
- Personal information submitted and obtained from each person seeking employment and other sources in connection with applications for work
- Work performance information
- Information about incidents in the workplace
- Staff information
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships
- General information collected from visitors to our website
In general, we gather information about all our website users collectively, such as what areas users visit more frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall website experience for you.
Your personal information collected on the jobskillsnetwork.com and jobsincentralqueensland.net.au websites
In some instances we may need specific information about you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, etc. We will collect this information if you apply for a job or sign up for a service via our website, for example. We may also ask you for other information such as the types of jobs you are interested in and your workplace concerns in order to provide you with the best possible service and internet experience.
Purposes for which we hold personal information We primarily hold personal information for the following:
- Placement operations – to assist you in finding a suitable position
- Recruitment – career guidance and management
- To provide job alerts including jobs from us and our partners, via email or SMS, when requested by you, to meet your needs - you can subscribe or unsubscribe from these job alerts at any time
- The provision of other specialist services to meet your needs
- Staff management – to enable our employees to better service your career requirements
- Training – to identify any training requirements
- Client and business relationship management – to ensure we are familiar with and fully understand your needs
- Marketing – to inform you of events, services and possible job opportunities
- Sensitive Information (Australia only)
- Sensitive information is a special category of personal information under the Australian Privacy Act 1988. It is information or opinion about you, including membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union; criminal record; health or disability, etc.
As outlined in the Australian Privacy Act, sensitive information, can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose and in some cases we may only disclose information with your consent.
We do not disclose information about your individual visits to the JobSkillsNetwork™ and Jobs In Central Queensland websites, or personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number etc, to any outside parties, except when we believe we are under a lawful duty of care to do so.
By choosing to publish your private information on the website by creating a personal profile, you accept personal responsibility for the information you provide, and in doing so confirm your consent and authority to make your personal information public, and accept that this is at your own risk. This includes individuals whose personal information is published on their behalf by a representative company.
Company’s and organisations that publish personal information on behalf of their clients in doing so confirm that they have the authority to do so.
Management of personal information
At JobSkillsNetwork™, we train our staff to respect the confidentiality of customer information and the privacy of individuals. JobSkillsNetwork™ regards breaches of your privacy very seriously and any breach will result in disciplinary action being taken, dependent upon severity.
JobSkillsNetwork™ has appointed a Privacy Officer to ensure that our management of personal information is in accordance with this statement and the relevant Privacy Acts.
How do we store personal information?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, and take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, when we consider information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up to date?
JobSkillsNetwork™ endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate and up to date. We realise that information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. We generally update your customer information over the telephone. Please advise your consultant when your personal details change.
Inquiries and complaints
The Privacy Officer, JobSkillsNetwork™ Email: email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you can contact the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in both the Australian National Privacy Principles and the New Zealand information Privacy Principles you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you.
We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
To make a request to access your personal information, you will need to complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require. Please contact our Privacy Officer for an application form.
We will impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our Privacy Officer will discuss this with you.
You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.
JobSkillsNetwork™ and Jobs In Central Queensland™ have several areas on our websites where you can submit feedback. Any feedback that is submitted through this area becomes the property of JobSkillsNetwork™. We may use this feedback, such as success stories or responses to surveys, for marketing purposes, or to contact you for further feedback on the site.
European Union General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Union for the purposes of the GDPR, this additional information, to that set out above, applies to you. Jobs On The Coast processes data for the purposes of the GDPR and by your consenting to this Privacy Statement Jobs On The Coast is able to processes your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Our contact details are:
Post: The Privacy Officer, WiC Group PTY. Limited, 1 Manning Street, South Gladstone, QLD 4680
Telephone: 1300 487 419
In providing its services to you, Jobs In Central Queensland™ may make use of a number of automated processes using your Personal Data and your activity on our site as tracked by us, in order to provide more tailored and relevant services to you such as providing recommended job opportunities to you through email communication.
In addition to your rights set out above, you may:
- update or rectify any of the Personal Data that we hold about you, by contacting the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- withdraw your consent to JobSkillsNetwork™'s use of your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement by deleting your account. This will also delete all the Personal Data about you which we hold. This can be done by contacting the Privacy Officer at email@example.com
- request that JobSkillsNetwork™ – provides you with a copy of the Personal Data JobSkillsNetwork™ holds about you in; or – share your Personal Data with a nominated third party;
by contacting the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any concerns in relation to JobSkillsNetwork™’s collection and/or processing of your Personal Data, then in addition to the process set out in the “Inquiries and complaints” section above (including the right to complain to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner), you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority (within the meaning of the GDPR).