Residential Youth Workers - Gladstone
Are you currently studying a Diploma or Cert IV in Youth Work or a related field? If this sounds like you, Edmen’s Kickstart Program could be the perfect opportunity to get paid work experience while you study.
With a diverse range of opportunities in Residential Youth Support available across QLD, our Kickstart Program provides eligible students with the opportunity to complete placement hours and work on a casual basis with Edmen's community service partners.
The program gives you a pathway to develop your experience and work with some of Queensland's leading youth service organisations, while earning a competitive wage. As an Edmen employee, you'll get access to all of our work perks and have the backing of a supportive team. Our flexible working arrangements make it possible for you to secure work that fits around your study load and course timetable.
What do I need to be studying to be eligible?
Beside studying a relevant course, what else do I need to be eligible to work with Edmen?
- Cert IV Community Services
- Cert IV Disability
- Cert IV Youth Justice
- Cert IV Youth Work
- Cert IV Community Welfare
- Cert IV Mental Health
- Cert IV Community Development
- Diploma of Child Youth Family Intervention
- Diploma in Youth Work
- Diploma in Community Services
What can we offer you?
- P2 or Full Queensland driver’s licence
- Blue card PAID (VOLUNTEER card needs to be transferred to PAID)
- Current first aid and CPR nationally recognised certificates
- Confirmation of enrolment
- Proof of identity – i.e., passport, birth certificate etc.
What does this position involve?
- Flexible work that fits your schedule thanks to our mobile app that lets you view & accept vacant shifts, update your availability and much more.
- Regular work and the opportunity to transition into a permanent role if it proves to be a great fit.
- Supportive and friendly team with a dedicated Service Coordinator always available to assist you 24/7
- Ongoing training and career development
Ready to kickstart your career and earn while you learn? To apply to the Kickstart program, complete the application form. If you are eligible, we'll get in touch with available job opportunities near you.
- Empower young people to develop day-to-day life and social skills
- Use daily routines to provide hands-on training of skills such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting, personal care etc
- Supporting and managing young people’s behaviours in line with individual behaviour support plans
- Support with daily tasks such as school, family visits, appointments and sporting activities.
- Provide a positive, safe and healthy environment for the young people to heal, grow and develop independence
Please note - acceptance into the Kickstart Program talent pool ensures you will be notified when relevant positions become available, however does not guarantee employment.
if you have any further questions.