Roseberry Qld has provided services to Central Queensland for over 30 years. We provide an extensive array of services aimed at empowering and creating resilience in Young People. All our services are aimed at fulfilling our purpose of empowering community to enable the most vulnerable people to life themselves out of disadvantage and to create safe, vital and resilient lives for their families and community.
We are currently looking for a Youth Worker able to take on evening and weekend shifts. Roseberry Qld offers extensive training and supervision and a flexible working environment for the right candidate.
The position of Housing and Homelessness Youth Worker is responsible for the general operation of our shelters including supervision and support of young people accessing our services. This position will be required to assist with crisis and behaviour management, case management, client personal development activities and other programs to assist with independence and personal growth of young people. This position will contribute to the operation of Roseberry House (Gladstone) a crisis accommodation shelter for young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Youth Work qualification and/or Behavioral/Social Science degree would be viewed favorably.
- A good understanding of the issues causing homelessness for young people and the resultant issues; and an ability to provide appropriate services to address these issues in accordance with the service agreement and organisational policy.
- High level administrative skills, including high level computer literacy with experience in word processing and Data Base use and the ability to write and maintain client related documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in working with young people including providing support to young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Demonstrated understanding of casework principles for young people and the ability to translate this into practice.
Interested in finding out more? The full position description is available on our website at: www.roseberry.org.au/careers
You can submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the role please call us on 07 4972 0047 and speak to our Housing & Homelessness Manager.