About this Opportunity
- Fixed Term (until 30.05.2025), Full Time
- Research Division
- CQUniversity Gladstone
- Total Remuneration $98,242 to $105,806 pa (including salary of $83,016 to $89,408 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
Globally we are in the early stages of another industrial revolution driven by clean energy demand. Australia is ideally placed to take advantage of this through a long-term commitment to technology innovation and deployment, workforce training, skills development, and the translation of knowledge and know-how into practical, commercial solutions.
Gladstone and Central Queensland have immense advantages. We have the potential to become a global hub for the production of clean energy that will keep our existing industries competitive and create new local export opportunities.
The pace of change is unprecedented, and CQUniversity is committed to playing a leading role in facilitating collaboration across governments, experts and industry and providing world-class research, training and support to the emerging Hydrogen and renewable energy sectors.
CQU has formed a Centre for Hydrogen and Renewable Energies to support the diverse and ambitious range of projects in Gladstone and the region. Analysis shows that the Central Queensland region is a globally advantaged producer of clean energy, specifically Hydrogen.
This advantage has been recgonised by the formation of the NERA Gladstone Hydrogen Cluster and the Federal contribution of $70m towards Gladstone hydrogen hub deployment projects.
The Centre is based in the attractive waterfront CQUniversity Gladstone Marina Campus. Several research facilities are under development, an additional suite of Hydrogen Incubator spaces for process engineering, manufacturing and lab research is also becoming available. As a dual-sector university, CQUniversity also trains production, instrumentation, and control technicians for the surrounding heavy industry.
- Relevant trade qualification and extensive experience in the use of specialised/technical equipment applicable to the nature of the position.
- Apply specialist trade/technical skills and knowledge in the analysis, design and production of systems, experiments and equipment to relevant standard and specifications.
- Supervising complex engineering and industry funded research activities with advanced technical support, providing recommendations for the planning and execution of the project.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver specialist technical support including facilities and equipment management, planning, stock control, asset management, maintenance, and repairs and to carry out work in accordance with relevant Australian Standards, codes and legislation, especially Work Health and Safety requirements.
- Current Drivers Licence
- LF and DG High Risk Work Licence
- You will be expected to hold vaccinations in relation to the COVID-19 immunisation should your CQUniversity role require you to attend any setting / venue / event where there is a specific entry requirement for you hold these vaccinations, as per relevant State Government directives.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Sunday 3 July 2022
job Requisition ID: 1833