MRAEL is proudly part of IntoWork Australia. Through IntoWork, we are pleased to have recently been selected by the Commonwealth Department of Education, Skills and Employment to deliver new Workforce Australia employment services from 1 July 2022 in Fitzroy
About the Role:
As a WFD Coordinator, you will be responsible for the development and coordination of work experience opportunities for job seekers ensuring they are building skills transferable to paid employment. This includes working in collaboration with the external WFD providers, community sector and volunteer organisations to ensure WFD activities are developed and suitable to job seeker profiles.
In this role, you will build strong and ongoing relationships with community and stakeholders in your region ensuring a pipeline of WFD placement opportunities that support both the job seekers and their host workplace - you will be committed to supporting and motivating job seekers to reach their full potential!
With a fully maintained company vehicle, this role embraces a unique and hybrid working model where WFD Coordinators will work both in the field and office visiting clients and jobseekers!
- Motivate, engage and inspire job seekers to build their skills, experience and confidence and to work with them to remove their perceived barriers
- Develop strong relationships with external WFD providers and assist in the promotion and development of WFD activities
- Proactively engage in business development activities to secure work experience and volunteer opportunities for WFD participants
- Provide support and mentoring around workplace activities to maintain WFD placements
- Work with Employment Consultants to maximise WFD engagement
- Build and maintain a network of employers to generate and source employment opportunities
- Coordinate and manage the Work for the Dole onboarding processes as needed
- Conduct or coordinate risk assessments of each potential WFD activity to identify any work, health and safety issues and steps that will be taken to address such issues
- Support people to find suitable, sustainable and meaningful employment opportunities with local or national employers
- Provide post-placement support to both the jobseeker and employers
Key Selection Criteria:
- A background in jobactive, knowledge of ESS, relevant industry experience/ tertiary qualifications (highly advantageous)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and build rapport with jobseekers and employers
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse range of people from different socio-economic backgrounds
- Be passionate about helping people and making a difference in the community
- Be results and target driven
- Be flexible and capable of managing competing demands in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Be highly organised and possess strong administration skills
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office or similar software and experience using databases
- Have a current drivers licence
MRAEL's purpose is to enable and support people and businesses to realise their potential through opportunities for quality education, training and employment.
Through our diverse range of service capabilities, MRAEL consistently strives to contribute to the sustainable development of a skilled workforce for the future by creating additional education, training and employment opportunities for the communities in which we operate, as well as delivering community-based support services.
What MRAEL offers you:
- A fully maintained company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Access to our Employee Assistance & Wellbeing Program which includes a holistic range of offerings including: confidential counselling and financial, nutrition and legal support services
- Opportunities to participate in the IntoWork Wellness Channel that offers regular sessions on supporting your mental, physical and financial wellbeing
- 13 weeks long service leave
- Milestone staff anniversary bonuses and rewards
- Novated leasing opportunities, corporate discounts and more.
MRAEL is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to provide a rewarding environment for all employees and strives to be unique in the benefits provided.
Does this sound like you?
If this sounds like you and if you're looking to take the next step in growing your career in an organisation that values its people and developing a vibrant workforce and culture, then we would like to hear from you!
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia. It is a requirement of the position to undertake a National Police Check & Working with Children Check prior to appointment.
As per Government Public Health Directions, it is a condition of employment in this role that all candidates applying for any position must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption. Successful candidates will be required to provide appropriate evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or a valid exemption as part of the pre-employment checking process
If you meet the above criteria, please 'Apply for this job'