A fantastic opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced Waste Services Coordinator to join our Waste Services business unit.
In accordance with the Waste Services Business Plan and Strategic Plan, you will be coordinating the planning, scoping and implementation of various Council’s waste services including bin collection services, MRF operations, green waste recycling services and regional transfer station operations. In addition to these challenges, you will need to lead as the project manager for allocated waste management capital projects.
You will need to showcase your leadership and communication skills to build cooperative working relationships not only within the Waste Services team, but with other Council programs, clients and contractors and other key stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain appropriate business processes and systems to support the ongoing delivery of best practice client and contract management.
Suitable applicants should hold the following:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a in the waste management or related industry role.
- Essential to hold Tertiary qualifications in Waste Management, Business Management, Environmental or Civil Engineering or Environmental Health from a recognised University or other tertiary education institution.
- Desirable to hold formal learning/training in the specialised area of contract management and/or project management.
- Experience in contract management including tender development, tender evaluation and contract administration and management for services and construction projects.
- Desirable to have asset management planning and business case development experience
- Desirable to have leadership experience
- An ability to uphold Council's values.
Why work for Mackay Regional Council?
- Annual Base Salary $115,015 + applicable allowances
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible Working Arrangements with an RDO
- May be eligible for salary sacrificing options
- Membership to lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts
- Study and assistance programs for ongoing career development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
- Active Social Clubs
For the Position Description and information on how to apply please visit
To apply, you will need to submit a resume, cover letter and a full statement addressing the selection criteria. The selection criteria can be found on the Position Description, available to be downloaded from the vacancy on Council’s website.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity or package, you are welcome to contact the Program Manager Jason Grandcourt on 1300 622 529.
Applications Close: 15th December 2022
The Mackay Region
Mackay is located halfway between Brisbane and Cairns and is truly the heart of Queensland, covering 7,621 square kilometres of rainforest, Natural Parks, historic townships, miles of golden beaches and more than 70 tropical islands.
The Region boasts a vibrant economy offering an idyllic lifestyle on the Central Queensland coast, from picturesque beaches and nearby island resorts to beautiful rainforests. The Region has a great climate coupled with good quality education and health facilities.
We are a dynamic, progressive and financially sound local government, with responsibility for $3.5 billion worth of assets and employing over 1000 dedicated staff in a vibrant, rapidly growing region where sugar, mining, beef, tourism and retail drive the economy.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.