Emerson is a trusted partner in the world's most essential industries to address the biggest challenges of modern life. In Australia, we cater to a wide range of industries including water, mining and minerals, and oil and gas industries. By joining us as a Warehouse Trainee, you will assist and work with the Warehouse Lead to ensure the efficient running of all inventory and logistics for the site. The Warehouse Trainee will also have the opportunity to learn key roles performed in the warehouse, including dispatch, store operations, customer service, logistics administration, and sophisticated stock control.
The certification achieved through this role will be a Certificate III in Supply Chain Management, completed over a period of 12-24 months.
At Emerson, the safety of everyone is one of our top priorities. As part of our commitment to safety, you will be provided with the proper tools and equipment for the role while observing Emerson’s EH&S policies and procedures laid out in our facilities.
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, apply now and join our team in Gladstone, Queensland!
In this role, you will:
- Delivery of daily warehouse functions in the most proficient, practical and proactive way to ensure Emerson’s Safety and Quality expectations are met.
- Maintain a quality standard of accuracy with materials, documents, locations, SAP transactions, data entry, and stocktaking.
- Ensure accuracy with receiving, picking, issuing, and dispatching of warehouse items.
- Complete orders by selecting goods, checking them off, and performing applicable SAP transactions for workshop builds.
- Labeling items for storage and work packs.
- Assist workshop with all stock/material inquiries using SAP and shared folders.
- Liaise with other teams to ensure delivery is maintained.
- Ensure personal performance and team environment meet business goals.
- Assist in Backfill duties as vital to maintaining warehouse expectations.
- Monitor delivery dates.
- Report overdue inventory when requested to follow up on the delivery of materials.
- Regularly review processes and make suggestions for improvements.
- Observe and align with relevant policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with all employees and ensure regular communication.
- Attend meetings when required.
- Promote a healthy working environment.
- Perform any other work-related duties as the need arises by team lead/management.
- Gain knowledge on current HSE statutory and corporate expectations and their implications.
- Gain knowledge of HSE risk management techniques.
- Follow all Safety procedures and policies.
In this role, you will need:
Skills and Abilities
- Organization and classification proficiency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of supply chain and logistics concepts
- The ability to coordinate, multitask, and prioritize.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to the tasks assigned.
- Determination, patience, and persistence to overcome obstacles
- Licenses: Forklift, Walk Behind Electric Forklift, Overhead crane – preferred but not required
Who You Are:
You have a strong drive for results and exhibit passion and enthusiasm to get things done. You are well-organized and keen on details that can work in a dynamic environment under minimal direction. You are pro-active, passionate, and seek knowledge on Supply Chain Management.
Our Commitment to Our People
At Emerson, we are motivated by a spirit of collaboration that helps our diverse, multicultural teams across the world drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. And we want you to join us in our bold aspiration.
We have built an engaged community of inquisitive, dedicated people who thrive knowing they are welcomed, trusted, celebrated, and empowered to solve the world’s most complex problems — for our customers, our communities, and the planet. You’ll contribute to this vital work while further developing your skills through our award-winning employee development programs. We are a proud corporate citizen in every city where we operate and are committed to our people, our communities, and the world at large. We take this responsibility seriously and strive to make a positive impact through every endeavor.
At Emerson, you’ll see firsthand that our people are at the center of everything we do. So, let’s go. Let’s think differently. Learn, collaborate, and grow. Seek opportunity. Push boundaries. Be empowered to make things better. Speed up to break through. Let’s go, together.
Accessibility Assistance or Accommodation
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: email@example.com.
Emerson is a global leader in automation technology and software. Through our deep domain expertise and legacy of flawless execution, Emerson helps customers in critical industries like life sciences, energy, power and renewables, chemical and advanced factory automation operate more sustainably while improving productivity, energy security and reliability.
With global operations and a comprehensive portfolio of software and technology, we are helping companies implement digital transformation to measurably improve their operations, conserve valuable resources and enhance their safety.
We offer equitable opportunities, celebrate diversity, and embrace challenges with confidence that, together, we can make an impact across a broad spectrum of countries and industries. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or a recent graduate with an advanced degree, you’ll find your chance to make a difference with Emerson. Join our team – let’s go!