Visitor and Volunteer Experience Officer
Visitor and Volunteer Experience Officer
The Gladstone Region is a vibrant Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a Permanent Part Time Visitor and Volunteer Experience Officer to contribute to the Region’s exciting arts scene and complement the current team of passionate, dedicated and talented arts workers at the Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum.
The role will require some flexibility with hours and offers up to 44 hours a fortnight. The successful candidates will be required to work Saturdays and some evenings.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to provide high level visitor experience services, promising a welcoming and engaging 5-star experience to GRAGM visitors. The role will be responsible for the attraction and engagement of GRAGM volunteers and will provide support to the Gladstone Regional Art Gallery & Museum team to deliver its initiatives, exhibitions and programs.
Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum’s Visitor and Volunteer Experience Officer will be an energetic go-getter who thrives on providing amazing arts and cultural experiences that will have audiences talking and coming back for more! We are looking for someone who loves creating genuine and long-lasting customer and volunteer relationships and has a passion for the Arts, History, Museums and Community!
The successful applicant will be someone who;
Is energised by interacting with and helping people
Values, attracts, cares for and motivates a team of incredible volunteers
Has a passion for educating and upskilling the community
Brings solutions to the table
Has a genuine interest in GRAGM’s core business and operations
Has a desire to see the Gladstone Region and its community thrive!
1. High level of customer service skills and experience liaising with internal and external customers.
2. Previous relevant knowledge and experience working in a community-based customer service, reception and/or administration role.
3. Demonstrated basic retail and cash handling experience.
4. Time management, prioritisation and planning skills to achieve work priorities and meet deadlines.
5. Sound communication (oral and written English) and interpersonal skills to engage with a diverse client base and employees.
6. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
7. Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
8. Must be eligible and willing to obtain on appointment, a positive notice Working with Children Blue Card.
9. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Thursday 19 May 2022.