A leading specialist engineering services company delivering integrated solutions for complex energy, and infrastructure projects and operating assets. Our business is built on the belief that our people are what make EnerMech excellent. When we are thriving globally it’s not just about investing in our infrastructure, service offering and technology, but by also investing in our people.
An exciting new role has arisen for a Workshop Supervisor in our Valves Department in Gladstone, QLD, this role reports directly to the Valves Co-ordinator.
As a Valve Supervisor you will manage and provide professional leadership and direction to senior technicians and technicians in the department.
Due to this leadership and mentoring required, candidates must have a proven background in the manufacturing/servicing/repairing/testing of Valves. The role will be based on the workshop floor with some office related duties.
Other main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for complying with workshop activities and ensure they are carried out in compliance with EnerMech policies and procedures
- Planning and progress monitoring all work completion within the team
- Work pack management with support from QC officer
- Quality control adherence with continual improvement mindset
- Timely identification of resource requirements and involvement in recruitment process, ensuring that internal development is also considered
- Assist planning jobs within the workshop and reviewing all job requests
- Responsible for personnel development meetings with direct reports and define training requirements
- Support the Apprentice development scheme ensuring that the Apprentices achieve exposure to the relevant experience within the department
- Responsible for holding regular tool box talks and time out for safety briefings
- Responsible for managing and maintaining Non-Routine & Routine Risk Assessments
- Must be willing to go on the tools as and when required
To be successful for this position it is essential you hold previous experience in testing and the use of valve equipment including procedures and maintenance management programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
- You must also hold demonstrable previous experience of leading teams of people
- Have communication and organisational skills at a high level and be proficient in use of Microsoft packages.
- Previous experience in a workshop environment is a necessary requirement
- Candidate's must have a proven track record in working with Valves and have the confidence and ability to guide and mentor Technician's both in the workshop and in the field
- Must have Mechanical Trade cert, Cert III Fitter/Turner or similar
- Must have White Card
- Can do attitude
At EnerMech we want to create a diverse and inclusive organisation and grow together to make a vibrant business. We are not there yet, but the desire is steadfast, so please consider a career with us in an organisation where differences in background, culture, education, working style and less obvious differences are respected and celebrated
If this sounds like you we encourage you to apply either on the link or via our website https://enermech.com/