About this Opportunity
- Fixed Term, Full-Time 5 years (or part-time/3 days per week also available!)
- Finance and Legal Directorate
- CQUniversity Location Negotiable – Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone or Bundaberg
- Attractive remuneration package (full-time hours) of $160,700 p.a (including salary of $137,350 plus 17% superannuation)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
CQUniversity is seeking an experienced legal practitioner to provide expert legal advice to executive and senior management staff on a broad range of legal and corporate matters.
With campuses strategically placed across Australia, CQUniversity’s footprint is one of the largest and fastest growing in the country. You will partner with the CQUniversity’s executive management team and take the lead in ensuring the University meets its legal obligations and achieves its strategic objectives on both a national and international level. You will also mentor a team of junior legal professionals, ensuring the provision of high quality and timely legal services across the University. Your outstanding negotiation skills paired with your ability to think laterally, plan strategically and use sound judgement will see you succeed in this diverse and challenging role.
You may choose to work full-time or part-time (eg. 3 days per week), making for an environment that is conducive to work-life balance and providing you greater flexibility than the corporate industry. Make the switch to the tertiary education sector and achieve the balance you have always wanted! With great leave entitlements and flexible working arrangements, we take care of our staff and provide benefits that are second-to-none.
- Admission or eligible for admission as a Solicitor in an Australian jurisdiction, with at least 7 years post qualification experience
- Proven legal practice experience and skills within the tertiary education industry, or other complex public or private organisation.
- Experience in providing ethical, impartial, and strategic advice relating to complete legal and regulatory matters.
- Current Queensland Law Society Practicing Certificate or the ability to obtain one.
For further information about this position, please refer to the position description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives