NEPEAN Conveyors is an innovative provider of fully engineered turnkey conveying and materials handling solutions, from concept to commissioning for some of the world's largest mining companies. Established in 1985 Nepean has become a multicultural and diverse company leading the industry in conveyor technologies, we manufacture and market high powered bulk materials handling conveyor systems and components. NEPEAN Conveyors also provides on-site engineering support, installation, maintenance, and the relocation of conveyor systems.
Due to ongoing growth and contract works being awarded NEPEAN Conveyors is currently seeking Underground Mechanical Fitter to join the team on a roster-based work throughout the Bowen Basin. This role can be site based OR form part of our shutdown crew, 7/7 and 4/3 or 5/2 roster available. These roles available are supported by our strong team based in Mackay at our head office.
This is an opportunity to join a multinational leading company in the conveyor industry and work with a team that is driven, passionate and determined to make a difference.
The Right Person
- Underground experience
- Surface maintenance experience essential if no Underground experience
- Outbye Maintenance is highly advantageous.
- Relevant Underground equipment tickets
- Current standard 11
- Coal Board Medical
- The ability to demonstrate a strong safety focus.
- Own transport
- Team player with the ability to handle complexities within the role.
- Strong communication skills.
Beneficial skill sets:
- Work with heights RIIWHS204E
- Lifting and Dogging or Conduct lifting operations.
- Experience in conveyor maintenance
The Luxuries NEPAN offer:
- Camp and meals provided.
- Family orientated business.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), well-being assistance that’s free for all the family.
- Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses.
- Family Christmas party
If you’re ready for your next challenge, please click ‘APPLY NOW’ and forward your interest today!
NEPEAN believes in diversity and is committed to providing Equal Employment opportunities for all applicants. We welcome applicants from all walks of life which also includes various socio-economic, cultural, LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.