- High earning potential ($120 – $180k per annum including overtime/allowances)
- Weekly pay including an Onsite and Underground Allowances
- Family friendly 4 / 3 roster
- Training Centre with products and systems at your finger tips!
- Company car, with potential ability to use for personal use
- Purchase additional annual leave, for greater work/life balance – acquire up to 7 weeks leave per annum
- Full time employment offering job stability
- Purchase additional annual leave, for greater work/life balance
- Tool Discount – Sydney Tools
- Avis Car hire – discounted rates
- Service Recognition Awards
- Employee Referral Bonus – earn up to $5,000!
- Private Health Provider Discounts – Bupa and nib
- Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness Subsidies
- Yearly Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
- Social and team building events
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for dedicated and highly skilled OEM Field Service Technicians to support our Underground mining customers in QLD.
Based from Mackay, as a Field Service Technician you will play a pivotal role in the testing, repair, installation and commissioning of Ampcontrol manufactured equipment and systems on sites. This includes Longwall systems, Development Power systems, Conveyor signal line and communication systems, Gas monitoring equipment and HV electrical equipment.
Your role will include:
- Installation, and commissioning of Electrical equipment Underground
- Onsite electrical auditing, testing, breakdown assistance, commissioning and installation the above mentioned systems
- Provide face to face support to our clients
- Work individually and in small teams across a wide range of mine sites
- Provide timely and quality service related reports following any site work completed.
Your willingness to be hands-on will be complemented by the following:
- Underground outbye electrical control systems (Ampcontrol or competitor systems)
- Underground development electrical systems (Ampcontrol or competitor systems)
- IMAC and Gasguard fixed environmental gas monitoring systems (or competitor equivalents)
- Dieselguard mobile machinery methane systems (or competitor equivalents)
- Longwall control systems (Ampcontrol or competitor systems)
- HV electrical equipment and systems specific to mining and utilities (desirable)
- Demonstrated knowledge of explosion protection techniques
- Understanding of AS3800,AS4871, AS2290 (desirable)
In addition you will have:
- Other OEM experience
- Underground Experience in an Australian Coal Mine
- Queensland Standard 11 – UG (desirable)
- QLD Electrical License, EEHA & LV CPR
- Good report writing skills or the ability to learn (essential)
- Ability to make decisions based on the best outcome for the customer
- A commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Comfortable with travel and being away from home
- A willingness to gets hands on in an electrical manufacturing and service environment will be essential
Ampcontrol is Australia's largest privately-owned electrical engineering company leading advanced global manufacturing of award-winning innovations, products, solutions and service to the resources, infrastructure and energy sectors. For over 50 years, Ampcontrol has achieved and celebrated a growing workforce of more than 850 employees, six member companies and 30 operations worldwide. Built on a foundation of innovation, agility and ingenuity, the talented people of Ampcontrol design and develop world-leading integrated electrical solutions and pioneering technology that makes a meaningful improvement to people's lives and communities across the globe.
In short, our people do some seriously cool stuff to energise our world!
At Ampcontrol, we are united by the principles of safety, people, innovation, customer and performance. Our people and values make our business better and are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to investing in our people and provide a supportive, healthy and safe working environment for all our employees.
If you think that your skills and experience are a good match for this position, apply now to take advantage of this exciting opportunity!