We Are Aeris
Our name ‘Aeris’ comes from the Latin word for copper, which is where our story began. We are an ASX listed diversified mining and exploration company with copper and gold operations in Australia. Our expanding portfolio, development projects, and exploration prospects make Aeris an exciting, growing company.
Our strategy is clear, and we are committed to growth.
We are focused. We know where we are going, and we need you to help us get there.
We are ambitious. Through production, exploration, and acquisition.
We are one team. We live our values and do what we say we are going to do.
We want you to be part of our success
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, the position of Electrical Leading Hand is responsible for execution of all electrical work required for the underground mine and surface infrastructure related to the underground mine whilst ensuring the efficient and safe operations of site wide electrical requirements. As part of the role, you will be responsible for balancing the scheduled work, as well as dealing with priority unplanned jobs and providing visible leadership and coaching to a crew of 4-5 team members.
You will be working an 8/6 FIFO roster, providing opportunity to spend more quality time at home when not on shift.
You will also act as Relief Supervisor when required, providing leadership and Statutory guidance and ensuring continued operations.
- Ensure compliance with all Company Policies and Procedures Preparation or examination of schematics, drawings, or specifications to determine work methods, sequence of activities or manufacture/repair of components.
- Conduct effective preventative maintenance to a high standard and within planned durations.
- Maintain the working areas in a clean and efficient manner.
- Mentoring of technicians as required
- Control and execution of the weekly schedule and daily service completion, ensuring that planned works completed on time
- Assisting with development of effective and achievable maintenance schedules
- Order parts as required
- Report any accidents / incidents / equipment faults to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Commit to maintaining health, safety and security standards and principles.
- Queensland Trade Certificate in Electrical
- Current Qld Driver’s license
- At least 5-7 years’ post trade underground electrical experience, including 1000V and 11kV reticulation and installation
- 4 years hard rock mining experience
- Planned maintenance task completion
- S1, 2 and 3 certificate, if not currently achieved, company support provided
- RCT systems experience
- Sandvik jumbo drills and Simba drill experience
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills at all levels
Highly regarded attributes
- High voltage switching certificate
- Forklift license
- Working at heights certificate
- Pronto system experience
Cracow is an Underground Gold Operation located some 500km North-west of Brisbane, employing 220 people.
Our family-friendly rosters offer a genuine work life balance with FIFO on chartered flights from both Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Within 5 minutes’ drive of the operation, there is comfortable company provided accommodation and meals, small shop, and gym.
Our flat and open organisational structure offers our employees the opportunity to have a real and direct impact on performance and affect change daily.
If you have the above experience and qualifications, please click APPLY to lodge your application.