MAKE YOUR MARK WITH THIESS
Every day, all around the world, Thiess supports and celebrates our people. We recognise talent and reward transparency. We champion diversity and embrace change.
Join us. Hone your skills and develop new ones. take on big challenges and grow, through mentorship, collaboration, and empowerment.
Thiess is the place to make things happen.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Thiess is seeking an experienced Tyre Fitter for a permanent employment opportunity working on our Peak Downs coal mining project. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Additionally, you will:
- Remove and fit rims and wheel assemblies on heavy earthmoving mining equipment as required
- Remove and refit tyres and wheel assemblies on heavy earthmoving mining equipment as required
- Perform regular tyre inflation pressure checks, adjust and report to supervisor
- Source technical information from available reference manuals, technical bulletins, and computer-based systems
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of equipment non-conformance, identify and record any equipment quality problems, initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels
- Be able to work in accordance with the site's procedures.
- Access to fully funded chartered flights from Brisbane
- BIBO options available from Mackay
- Peak Downs Camp is now based at Civeo camp in Dysart, 25 minutes on bus to site.
- Even time roster of 7/7 and 12.5hr days/nights on offer to provide a balanced lifestyle
- A range of corporate discounts including health insurance, travel and retail products
At Thiess, we partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia and the Americas. For more than 85 years, we have operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses global insight to optimise solutions and create value for each project, positioning them for optimal efficiency, productivity and cost performance, backed by how we meet our commitments. Thiess is committed to being at the forefront of sustainable mining, leveraging the power of our people and technology to support clients in their journey to more sustainable enterprises.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
Should you require assistance applying for this opportunity, please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.
Thiess follows a Pre-Employment Process for all successful applicants, which includes two employment references, a National Police Check and a medical assessment. These checks are essential to your application, and your recruiter will support you through the process.