Work with a team of the best
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential. Join our team today.
About the role
Thiess is seeking an experienced Tyre Fitter for a permanent employment opportunity working on our Curragh North open-cut coal mining project. Reporting into the Tyre Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The Curragh North Coal Mine is located in the Bowen Basin, Central Queensland about 200 kilometres west of Rockhampton.
- Remove and fit rims and wheel assemblies on heavy earthmoving mining equipment as required
- Remove and refit tyres and wheel assemblies on heavy earthmoving mining equipment as required
- Perform regular tyre inflation pressure checks, adjust and report to supervisor
- Source technical information from available reference manuals, technical bulletins, and computer-based systems
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of equipment non-conformance, identify and record any equipment quality problems, initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels
- Be able to work in accordance with the site's procedures.
Roster & Conditions
- 7 on 7 off rotating shift roster.
- Permanent position.
- Full camp facilities are available
- Bus transportation is provided to and from camp and site
To be considered for these opportunities you are required to have:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working as a tyre fitter
- HR driver’s licence preferable
- Post-trade experience working in the mining and heavy earthmoving industry, or hydraulic excavator industry
We partner with our clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, we’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Our team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for our clients and the communities we live and work in.
We recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision of everyone matters always. We’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow our people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Visit our website to learn more – http://www.thiess.com
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to take the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment, there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or the link below.