About the role
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants to join the staff of Chanel College in a casual term-time position for 20hpw as a Tuckshop Assistant.
Successful applicants for the position will be able to demonstrate:
- a commitment to the ethos of a Catholic school
- genuine care for the wellbeing of students
- a high level oral and written communication skills
- the ability to work well either individually or in a team and to accept direction and support
- the ability to respond and adapt to often demanding and busy environment
Typical duties include:
- Ordering stock from approved, reliable suppliers.
- Receiving and checking all supplies against invoices and delivery dockets, signing same before handing over to the Principal or nominee for payment.
- Handling money and correct balancing of same, counting the daily takings and ensuring that daily takings are delivered to the Finance Assistant for banking.
- Follow workplace Health and Safety procedures in relation to the preparation of food and the cleanliness/hygiene of the tuckshop.
- Daily cleaning/tidying of the Tuckshop area.
- Ensuring all stock is stored in a tidy and clean manner.
- Ensuring a high standard of customer service and hygiene is maintained.
For further information about the role please refer to the Position Description - www.chanelcollege.qld.edu.au - Employment Tab in Menu
The successful applicant will have an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic education. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills and well developed interpersonal skills. Qualifications and experience, relevant to the position, may be required.
- A current valid Blue Card under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 (WWC Act) and valid Suitability Notice is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Australian work rights
How to apply
- Go to www.chanelcollege.qld.edu.au - Employment Tab in Menu to apply
- Upload supporting documentation (ie. Birth Certificate, Passports, Academic Transcripts)
- Applicants must read, understand and accept, as an explicit term of contract, the requirements of the Statement of Principles for employment in Catholic Schools
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of three (3) professional referees
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday 19 May 2022
- For a confidential conversation please contact the Business Manager at Chanel College, Gladstone on 07 4994 8924
- For further information regarding the remuneration package, please contact Employee Support Services Employment@rok.catholic.edu.au
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Under the Employment tab