We are seeking experienced Pressure/Tube Welders to join our shutdown team based in Gladstone, Central Queensland. You will be working on an Alumina Refinery shutdown working in Digestion.
Pre-Shut: Monday, 27 March 2023 – Friday, 12 May 2023
Execution: Monday, 15 May 2023 for approx. 4 weeks
Pre-Shut: Monday, 03 July 2023 – Friday, Friday, 11 August 2023
Execution: Monday, 14 August 2023 for approx. 4 weeks
Flights, meals, and accommodation are provided. Local applicants from the Gladstone region are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered for the role you will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Previous experience working in a shutdown environment preferably in Alumina or other continuous processing plant
- Demonstrated experience working as a Boiler Pressure Welder / Tube Welder
- Australian Recognised Trade Certificate
- Required to pass a 2’ tube Carbon Tig, 6” Pipe Tig/ FCAW weld test
- Confined Space valid within 3 years
- Work at heights valid within 3 years
- High Risk Work Licence – WP highly regarded
What we offer
- Experienced Leadership Team
- Competitive remuneration
- Strong safety culture
- Challenging and fast paced role
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.