- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $68,889 - $70,026 per annum (LGIA Stream B Level 4/5 + Site + R&S Allowance) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Provide a waste collection and disposal service within the Rockhampton Regional Council’s designated collection areas by operating a side arm and/or rear loading waste collection vehicle.
You will be responsible for operating machinery for the collection of waste from domestic and commercial properties including public areas within the Rockhampton region, and carrying out bin repairs and general labouring duties.
Using your customer service skills you will assist with processing Customer Service Requests and undertaking waste audits as required. It is preferred that you have experience in independently operating a single driver (side loading) dual control waste collection vehicle, and the ability to operate an In-Vehicle Management System for waste collection and routing in order to successfully complete waste collection routes to schedule.
Working public holidays is a key requirement with week-end and overtime work required on occasions.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Need to be open communicator and a team player.
- An ability to work unsupervised for waste collection services and offer assistance at the end of a collection run.
- HR Truck Licence – experience driving in side arm and/or rear loading waste collection vehicle in urban environments is highly desirable.
- Good peripheral vision and awareness of surrounding environment.
- Focus on overall safety including pre and post start vehicle inspections and the manner of operation.
- Desirable is to have side lift waste collection using dual steer vehicle.
- Excellent concentration, attention to detail and spatial awareness skills are essential.
- Good time management skills to complete waste collection routes to schedule.
- Promote excellent customer service and safety-first attitude.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
1. A 2-3 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
2. Your Current resume.
- Current HR class Licence and experience and ability/interest to independently operate a Single Driver (side loading) Waste Collection Vehicle.
- Knowledge of Heavy Vehicle National Law and desirable and/or willingness to obtain knowledge of In-Vehicle Management Systems
- Ability to work within a team environment and contribute to operational efficiency by delivering high customer service standards.
- Safety focussed with very strong knowledge, understanding of, and commitment to WH&S procedures and policies.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.