The Rockhampton Grammar School is seeking to employ a full-time fixed-term Transport Coordinator until the end of Term 3.
We offer a competitive salary, supportive work environment and welcoming community. Rockhampton Grammar School is located in Central Queensland close to the Capricorn Coast.
Rockhampton Grammar School was founded in 1881 and is an independent co-educational day and boarding school private school, educating and caring for students from Prep to Year 12, as well as the Early Learning Years. The School is the largest independent boarding school in Queensland and the second largest co-educational boarding school in Australia. It is a leading school in regional Queensland and one of the foremost schools in regional Australia. The Rockhampton Grammar School has achieved great success in the academic, cultural, sporting and vocational fields over the past 142 years. The School has a total enrolment of 1,400 students who are exposed to our broad curriculum, giving effect to our commitment of Grow in Character and Scholarship.
As part of our Transport team, we provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our staff is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our staff and students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
Key duties and responsibilities:
The core duties of the Transport Coordinaotr include:
- Supervise Transport Department staff;
- Establish staffing roster which is adequate for school requirements and equitable for staff;
- Ensure adequate staffing. Liaise with Services Manager on changes to staff requirements.
- Ensure fleet is serviced according to manufacturer’s recommendation;
- Organise repairs and maintenance to fleet as required;
- Ensure mandatory vehicle inspections are completed and registration kept current;
- Ensure fleet appearance is maintained to a high standard;
- Servicing and mandatory vehicle inspections to be scheduled during school holidays to ensure minimal disruption to operations.
- Carry out efficiently all administration tasks relating to the Transport Department;
- Liaise with stakeholders using effective and timely communications;
- Organise and book external bus hires or charter buses as required;
- Prepare driver run sheets, at least one day prior to date of travel;
- Ensure that all transport related compliance requirements are met, such as but not limited to Heavy Vehicle National Regulator and Operator Accreditation.
N.B This position description contains the most important duties and tasks regarding the job to be done. It is not an exclusive/exhaustive list.
What we offer:
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our staff, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV or Paywise
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Access to some other in-house benefits
- Access to Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Access to the Rockhampton Grammar School Leadership Institute
- Access to Masters in Educational Leadership via CQU
Safeguarding of children and young people
The School takes child protection seriously, and as a staff member of The Rockhampton Grammar School, you are required to meet the behaviour standards outlined in our Practice and Behaviour Guidelines. You will receive a copy of these guidelines as part of the induction process.
Therefore as a part of your duties and responsibilities, you are also required to:
- Provide a welcoming and safe environment for children and young people;
- Promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people to whom we provide services;
- Ensure that your interactions with children and young people are positive and safe;
- Provide adequate care and supervision of children and young people in your charge;
- Act as a positive role model for children and young people;
- Report any suspicions, concerns, allegations or disclosures of alleged abuse to management;
- Maintain valid “working with children” documentation;
- Undergo periodic “national criminal history record” checks;
- Report to management any criminal charges or convictions you receive during the course of your employment that may indicate a possible rick to children and young people;
Conditions of employment:
The successful applicant will be subject to a “Working with Children Check and Criminal Records Check” where applicable. The School undertakes several screening processes to ensure the appropriate protection of children and young people in its care. This includes reference checks, identity checks qualification check and professional registration checks.
As per the Conditions of Employment section –
- Working with Children Check;
- Police Check;
- Current Full Driver’s Licence for manual vehicle;
- Minimum MR Licence;
- Driver’s Authorisation
How to apply:
- Read the Notice to all Candidates – Staff Safer Recruitment Policy and Recruitment and Selection Policy on the RGS website (http://www.rgs.qld.edu.au/employment)
- Complete an Application for Employment Form (Non-Teaching) – found on RGS website (http://www.rgs.qld.edu.au/employment)
- Submit your completed Application for Employment Form with your Cover Letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com. Applications close at 4pm on Wednesday 22 March 2023.
- Enquiries can be directed to Rodney Norris at (07) 4936 0661.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.