About the Role:
WorkPac are seeking an experienced Training Officer and Health and Safety Advisor to join our leading Mining client based within the Blackwater region for an immediate start. This position will be three to six months in duration, with a Monday to Friday roster residential or DIDO.
Reporting to the HST Superintendent, the Training Officer will be responsible for ensuring that training and assessment activities within their area of accountability are effectively planned, coordinated and delivered in accordance with the client's Training Scheme.
The Health and Safety Advisor will be responsible for supporting all Departments in encouraging a safe work environment for all employees and contractors on site and to ensure obligations to our people and to the legislative framework are met through a primary focus on the SHMS. Furthermore, this position is to assist the Health Safety and Training (HST) Superintendent to deliver the transactional and tactical actions of the Health, Safety and Training team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain compliance with Yarrabee’s Safety & Health Management System and associated legislative requirements
- Conduct safety audits of the office areas to ensure they comply with the established housekeeping and safety standards for the site
- SLAM’s completed, Participate in team SAO’s, Ensure PRIDEs are conducted prior to the commencement of all in field training activities
- Ensure Training activities are conducted in line with the relevant SHMS policies and procedures for the area
- Ensure Trainee’s follow all PPE requirements during training activities
- Assist in the implementation of training to meet the requirements of the site’s Training Scheme
- Assist with regular training needs analysis with the Training Supervisor to ensure skills on site match operational requirements, and implement training as required
- Gaps identified in the Training Plan to be planned and completed in consultation with the area Supervisors
- Conduct presentations as directed by Training Supervisor
- Develop training and assessment materials where required
- Assess and deliver training on site to all areas, where required
- Ensure all training and assessment documentation on site reflects the current regulations or recognised standard and any new competency requirements are addressed
- Deliver training in relation to SOP reviews, Induction Programs and safety initiatives, or as directed by the Training Supervisor
- Training Evaluations completed by Trainees allowing 360 feedback
- Operator reviews conducted
Skills and Experience:
- Current Australian Open Driver’s licence
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications
- Supervisor Competencies (S1, S2 and S3)
- RIIRIS402A - Implement & Maintain the Risk Management Process
- Current Standard 11 Mine Induction (Surface)
- Current Australian 'C' class driver licence
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Able to apply problem solving techniques to safety issues
- Competent on full range of Microsoft programs specifically Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Must be either an Australian Citizen or a holder of an Australian permanent residency visa to be eligible to apply for this position
Job Reference Number: Q.INDJ2022153823
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply button or for more information please contact:
WorkPac Recruitment Co-ordinator: Mikaela Hammermeister on (07) 4800 3701 quoting the above reference number.
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, light industrial and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding permanent, contract, temporary and traineeship recruitment opportunities.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.