Remuneration: As per Coal EA
We are seeking a motivated and safety focused Registered trainer and assessor to join our team at Callemondah depot as a Freight Operator 5. This is a unique opportunity for someone who has a passion for coaching and training and looking to diversify their skills.
Along with your responsibilities of signing off on verification of competencies and training and mentoring new starts and existing employees you will also be performing all tasks associated with being a Freight Operator, including but not limited to shunting, unloading of trains and provisioning of trains. Aurizon will provide all the necessary training and will see the successful candidate join a shunt school starting on 8th January 2024.
The roster for this position is 10.5 hr shifts over day, night and afternoon work (similar to a lifestyle roster)
About the role:
- Undertake all tasks/activities associated with being a Freight Operator
- Undertake employee tuition or assessments after they have completed training.
- Provide coaching/guidance and direction to other employees.
- Provide effective quality service; identify, analyse and resolve problems within team and customers control WPHS, productivity, quality and attendance within area of responsibility.
- Shunting and yard duties (including cleaning)
- Examine and certify trains as ready for departure
- Work in accordance with Aurizon's safety and operational standards and procedures
- Provide excellent customer service
- Must have the ability to become Aurizon Shunt Qualified and ability to pass a CAT1 Medical
- Hold a Trainer and Assessor qualification.
- Substantial skill in carrying out routine tasks associated with operations.
- Substantial knowledge of rules and regulations of operations area, Workplace Health and Safety
- High level of interpersonal skills to foster highly effective internal/external relationships.
- Substantial skills in the interpretation and use of all operational protocols necessary for the safe movement, planning and control of trains and on track vehicles.
- Ability to work a 24/7 lifestyle roster.
What the recruitment process looks like –
- Online testing
- Onsite psychometric testing
- Cat 1 rail medical/ fitness test
- Traffic history infringement check
- 5 years reference checking
Interested in learning more? Please apply and our recruiter will be in touch to discuss this opportunity further!
What we offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer long-term and exciting career opportunities.
Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities.
- Access to mentoring and development programs.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands.
- Parental leave program and super booster.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we deliver more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities right across the country. Aurizon is crucial to the Australian economy, connecting miners, primary producers and industry with international and domestic markets.
Look to Aurizon for a diverse and collaborative culture.
At Aurizon, we are proud of our diverse, collaborative, creative and high-performance culture. We celebrate the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic, caring, and inclusive work environment.
To learn about us and our company values, please visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers