JFP is a multi-disciplinary urban consulting practice with a history of over 80 years of continuous contribution to the development of the urban environment.
This includes Master Planned Communities, Residential Estates, Commercial, Industrial, Senior Living, Health + Education, Open Space, Government and Infrastructure projects.
JFP has abilities in Town Planning, Urban Design, Surveying + Spatial Services, Civil + Water Engineering, Landscape Architecture + Arboriculture and 3D Visualisations.
JFP are inviting suitable applicants seeking long term employment in our Gladstone office as a Trainee Surveyor.
- Work may include the use of field equipment such as Total Stations, GPS, Drones, Laser Scanner & Remote Controlled Depthsounding Boat.
- Suitable in-house training will be provided in the use of the survey equipment and various types of associated software to process the data.
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake part-time study in either a Certificate IV in surveying or Bachelor of Spatial Science Technology. JFP will provide suitable support for the successful applicant to progress through the Course and then further progression in the Surveying Industry.
- Applicants should have abilities in high school maths and an interest in outdoor work. High School English and Mathematical Methods would be advantageous. A driver's licence and own vehicle would be preferred. Applicants would be required to pass a fitness for work medical. Applicants should have good communication skills and a good attitude to learn new skills in a wide variety of survey types. An existing Gladstone resident would be preferred.
- An attractive salary will be offered to reflect the level of skills and experience with the preferred applicant.
Please include a cover letter, resume, 2 references and contact details for the referees.
To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have full working rights.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, then submit your application to email@example.com.
The below links from our website showcase some of the survey and spatial science tasks that we do.