Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive rates in accordance with EA
About the role:
Entry level position may be the opportunity you have been looking for. Be part of our great Warehouse team at Aurizon Callemondah operation, this is a great opportunity to start your journey in Supply Chain Operations, by undertaking a 2-year traineeship and completing a qualification. Reporting directly to our Warehouse Leader, we are looking for someone who can undertake general “all round” warehousing duties, and is able to think both logically and methodically while striving for continuous improvement and has a strong focus on safe work practices. The position is fulltime working 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday dayshift with the potential for overtime.
- 24-month Traineeship, the successful applicant will be trained in all aspects of warehousing: bar coding, SAP and forklift operation
- You will complete a Cert 3 in Supply Chain Operations (warehousing) and will be given time on the job to focus on your studies
- Upon completion of your traineeship, you will gain a forklift licence
- Ensure the workplace is maintained in a safe work condition
- Process incoming stock/ receipting parts
- Organise loading and unloading of delivery vehicles
- Picking and packing customer orders
- Assist with inventory stock takes and stock replenishment
- Assist the warehouse team with ad-hoc duties as required
- Undertake material management using SAP to maintain and monitor all materials
- A strong work ethic and positive can-do attitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to use initiative
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Strong commitment to safety and ability to actively apply safety management principles
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- Ability to adapt and learn new procedures and software systems
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles, and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard, and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers