More than 50,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Under supervision within the piping discipline, you will assist in the delivery of design and drafting services to Worley and its customers. This opportunity is based in our Gladstone office.
Our Worley Trainee Program offers:
- Site Experience
- Support from lead designer on project
- Assigned mentor to support your professional development
- Internal and external training to expand your knowledge and understanding
- Under supervision you will:
- perform design and drafting assignments on projects while meeting project requirements on time and within budget;
- identify and report changes to project scope;
- prepare engineering drawings and documentation.
- Receive on the job training to develop your skills to deliver documentation using a variety of electronic 2D drawing, 3D modelling and plant software.
- Liaise with a number of Worley offices to deliver projects.
- Communicate effectively with the team and project stakeholders.
- Gain experience on a variety of projects including Onshore and OffShore, New Energy and Resources projects
- Establish and maintain good working relationships within Worley.
- Identify issues and problems and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
- a genuine interest in design, use of technology, working with an international team, and site experience
- a can-do attitude
- strong communication skills
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- High school graduate, or equivalent (required)
- Completed or undertaking a recognised and relevant design qualification such as a Diploma of Engineering – Technical / Mechanical, Certificate III in Engineering – Technical or Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting (beneficial)
- Have worked in trades (boilermaker, electrician, etc) (beneficial)
- Interest and capability in using surveying tools such as laser scanner (beneficial)
Please include the following to be considered for our program.
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.