Otraco International Pty Ltd is the world's leading provider of earthmover and off-road tyre management services to the mining industry. Operating for nearly 50 years, our world-class credentials are based on a proven ability to reduce the cost of earthmover tyre operation for major open pit miners whilst maximising production and enhancing safety. Currently, our industry leading training centre is seeking Trainees who are looking forge a career within the mining industry.
Tyre management and maintenance is a large part of a mining operation; usually in the top 3 largest cost expenditures to a mine site, therefore, it is closely scrutinised by our clients. Our qualified tyre technicians provide a critical operational role in undertaking planned and reactive tyre changes/maintenance and routine inspections, assessing wheel components to ensure tyres remain in service on a range of mobile mining equipment; some of the largest machines in the world. This opportunity will allow you to become a fully qualified OTR (off the road) Tyre Fitter, a position that offers responsibility, development, and diversity of work.
As a trainee, your program starts with an industry-leading, paid, theory-based course valued at over $12,000, conducted in our in-house training facility. After completion, you will be guaranteed a role at one of our mine sites where you will continue your on-the-job training. The rosters vary, though generally are a 1 week on, 1 week off often with a mix of day and night shift. It is expected that most people would be fully qualified within 18 - 24 months; with guaranteed wage increases at each stage of development.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Fit, remove and perform maintenance on wheels on any type of vehicle
- Perform inspections and determine the suitability of wheel components
- Enter data and record information into the Otracom tyre management database
- Maintain pressures and quality in accordance with site specifications
- Uphold our commitment to provide a high level of service to our clients
We are seeking people that are looking to forge a genuine career within the mining industry. We are looking for those ideals that possibly have had some exposure to mining and the sift work lifestyle or people that are set up to have this type of work suit them.
- Hold a valid drivers' licence (minimum open C class manual licence)
- A strong safety and procedural focus
- Mechanical aptitude; advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Ability to always represent our company professionally
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical and police check
IN RETURN WE OFFER
The successful applicants will have the rare opportunity of being paid to learn. We are a Registered Training Organisation and at the end of your training, you will hold a nationally recognised certificate in tyre fitting which will enable you to work on any tyre, including all earthmoving tyres, anywhere in the world. Otraco have a presence on over 40 mine sites in Australia and, with a commitment to developing their staff, this role is the first step to a long career, in a niche industry, working on some of the biggest machinery in the world.
Our full-time employees will also get the benefits of:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Fortnightly averaged paid wages – (same consistent pay)
- Corporate discounts and benefits
- Undertake our tailored “Mine Site Readiness” course
- All site inductions, travel, tooling and PPE
This is a unique opportunity to become part of our world class organisation and to move forward in tyre management services for the mining industry.
To be considered for this role please select only one of the following options to apply; Click on the apply link below