- Comprehensive Training with a nationally recognised Certificate IV in Train Driving
- Take the first step into a rail career and earn while you learn and build your skills
- Prestigious Opportunity to be trained as a Locomotive Driver
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Our team in Rockhampton are recruiting Trainee Locomotive Drivers to join their train crew. This newly created position represents a rewarding opportunity within an expanding business to earn great pay, while learning new skills and building your career.
Commencing as a Trainee, you will undertake an accelerated traineeship program. This program includes a three-stage progression approach and builds on theoretical and practical knowledge achieved within an operational rail environment.
As a Trainee, you will be trained in all aspects of safe and efficient locomotive operations to develop the requisite driver skillset through competency-based assessments and on and off the job training.
You will be upskilled with knowledge to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely, and comply with established operational procedures in order to maintain our high level of customer service delivery for customers.
Pacific National is proud to be part of the Rockhampton community and we encourage locals to apply for this position.
No experience is necessary, although any prior exposure to working within a safety critical environment will be highly regarded.
We will provide full training for successful applicants who possess the following:
- A high regard for safety
- Customer focus with the ability to work effectively within a team
- Basic level of computer proficiency and excellent communication skills
- Passion for success and personal development
- Experience with shift work and flexibility to work a highly variable roster
- Ability to work away from home for varying periods.
- A current “C” class driver’s licence
- School Certificate or equivalent
Your availability and commitment to working rotating 24/7 shifts including nights and weekends is essential and will be vital for your success in the role. Additionally, some of the shifts will require you to stay overnight, away from your home depot location.
The recruitment process consists of 5 stages and will give you a greater understanding of the work we undertake and the culture that defines us. This will be your opportunity to decide whether we are the right fit for you.
- Stage 1. Application
- Stage 2. Online Assessments
- Stage 3. Video/Phone interview
- Stage 4. Panel Interviews
- Stage 5. Pre-employment Checks: Medical assessment, National Police and reference checks
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share More, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Applications close on 5th August 2022.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers [link removed]
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.