The Cultural Engagement Officer is part of the Roseberry Qld headspace team. Their purpose is to promote the services of the headspace centre and help young people to get early access to health and other services. Specially this includes actively working toward engagement with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander young people, their families and wider community networks.
They will also help to increase community awareness of mental health issues among young people, facilitate youth and where relevant family participation, organise and deliver health promotion activities and community events to engage identified target populations.
The Cultural Engagement Officer will work as part of a multidisciplinary team with mentorship provided by the Youth & Community Engagement Officer. This position will require enrolment in a relevant certified course as part of the traineeship requirements.
This is an 18 month fixed term traineeship.
- A willingness to develop skills and experience in coordinating and facilitating youth programs, events and activities
- As an identified position, it is a requirement that the appointed person be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent.
- Experience and interest in using communication tools and mediums.
- An ability to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges and experiences of young people from diverse backgrounds including young people who are culturally and linguistically diverse, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and LGBTIQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or questioning).
- Knowledge of the use of Microsoft office products and applications
- Experience in the not for profit/non-government sector.
- Experience in the mental health sector.
- Ability to connect with young people.
- Hold the values of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
- Positive and collaborative team player
- Demonstrated experience and suitability for working directly with vulnerable people
Interested in finding out more? The full position description is available on our website at: www.roseberry.org.au/careers
You can submit your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the role please call us on 07 4911 6040 and speak to our Centre Manager.