Your new career opportunity: Trainee - Boiler Operators
- Excellent work environment where people are valued and respected
- Residential role in the tight-knit town of Gladstone surrounded by iconic natural attractions
- Get ahead financially with company benefits including subsidised private health insurance
About the role
We have an opportunity to support growth and development within our industry and QAL is offering a number of Traineeships within our Boilerhouse team. In undertaking this two-year traineeship, you will be provided with the relevant training to become a qualified, competent and skilled operator in Boiler and Turbine Operations.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor – Boilerhouse, you will contribute to our Safe, Stable and Sustainable vision by:
- Ensuring all work is performed in accordance with site health, environmental and community policies, systems and procedures
- Learning and assisting with day to day operational duties associated with boilers, turbines and auxiliary plant including monitoring, isolating, commissioning and performing operational and preventative maintenance activities
- Ongoing improvement of work processes, procedures and practices
- Completing housekeeping functions
To be successfully considered for this role, you should have:
- Demonstrated commitment to your safety and the safety of your team
- Previous work experience on an industrial site would be advantageous
- Ability to work 12-hour continuous shifts
- Motivation to achieve individual and team goals
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task as required
What’s on offer
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include:
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Competitive salary package
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Learning and development opportunities to support your desired technical or leadership career path
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
Where you will be working
Gladstone is a coastal town in central Queensland with the region home to a population in excess of 63,000. The Gladstone region enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities and is the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. If you are thinking of making a seaside change, check out what our region has to offer:
Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) is one of the world’s largest alumina refineries, enjoying a global reputation as a leader in the minerals processing industry. QAL is focused on employee engagement, best practice technology, innovative capital solutions, benchmark maintenance and project execution whilst maintaining world class safety, quality and environmental performance.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At QAL, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTQ+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
If you are looking for a new venture and the chance to work for a company that cares about being Safe, Stable and Sustainable, apply today.
Applications Close: Sunday, 23 January 2022