Fitters and Electricians
Location: Mackay or Rockhampton, Regional QLD
Remuneration/Benefit: $120 + Super + Generous Daily Travel Allowances.
Are you looking for a change or finishing an apprenticeship? Our Trade Operator role is diverse, no days two days ever are the same. You will become part of a small team that travels extensively across the Aurizon Network. Applying your trade skills you will maintain, service, repair and perform approved modifications. We will teach you and offer external Trade Training everything you need to know about rail and operating on-track machinery, we also offer genuine opportunities for progression in return for your commitment.
About the role:
- Travel across Central Queensland Coal Network (CQCN) for maintenance/closures - away from home for 80% of rostered shifts
- You must have the ability to work away from home on a varying roster consisting of rosters such as 10 on 4 off, 8 on 6 off
- Your roster is based on a 208 shift count
- Ideally Live in Mackay / Rockhampton or surrounding suburbs
Want to understand more about on-track machinery and the vital role we play? Aurizon Ballast Cleaning - YouTube
Sorry FIFO is not offered, however some of staff are happy DIDO and must you meet fatigue guidelines.
- Certificate III Engineering Electrical OR Mechanical
- Current drivers’ licence (Essential) with HR Truck licence (Advantageous)
- High level of skill in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant and equipment
- Sound communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional teamwork skills and helpful attitude
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers