- Rotating dayshift roster:
- Week 1: Monday to Thursday
- Week 2: Tuesday to Friday
- Enjoy a 4 day weekend every second week !
- Competitive rates and weekly pay
- Purchase additional annual leave, for greater work/life balance
- Full time employment offering job stability
- Employee Referral Bonus – earn up to $5,000!
- Fitness subsidies
- Private Health Care discounts
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Wellbeing programs and discounts
- Education assistance, personal career development and opportunities for promotion
- Being part of a global, innovative organisation
- Great supportive team environment
We are seeking a Cable Repairer to work out of our Mackay operation on a full time basis. Our Cables Services operations take pride in knowing that we're shaping the future of the mining industry and keeping its workers safe.
This is an opportunity suited to an experienced trades assistant or labourer looking to take on a new challenge. You will receive on the job coaching and training in order to support your transition to becoming a skilled Cable Repairer.
This role is not a FIFO or DIDO position you must reside in Mackay or be willing to relocate to Mackay to be successful for this role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As a Cable Repairer you will test and fit accessories for various sizes and types of electric cables used in the mining, industrial and commercial sectors. This will involve:
- Repair reeling, trailing and flexible cables
- Test reeling, trailing and flexible cables
- Inspect and fit plugs/couplers for reeling, trailing and flexible cables
- Verify compliance of repaired reeling, trailing and flexible cables
This role will also provide general trades' assistant support as required in line with operational requirements.
Your willingness to gets hands on in a manufacturing/repairs environment will be complemented by the following:
- Safety as a core value
- An ability to work unsupervised and on call
- Strong hand tool and attention to detail skills
- A forklift ticket – desirable, but not mandatory
- HR license - desirable, but not mandatory
Ampcontrol is Australia's largest privately-owned electrical engineering company leading advanced global manufacturing of award-winning innovations, products, solutions and service to the resources, infrastructure and energy sectors. For over 50 years, Ampcontrol has achieved and celebrated a growing workforce of more than 850 employees, six member companies and 30 operations worldwide. Built on a foundation of innovation, agility and ingenuity, the talented people of Ampcontrol design and develop world-leading integrated electrical solutions and pioneering technology that makes a meaningful improvement to people's lives and communities across the globe. In short, our people do some seriously cool stuff to energise our world!
If you feel strongly that you have what it takes for this role but don’t check 100% of the boxes—that’s okay—we encourage you to apply anyway and highlight what you can bring to the table.