About the Role:
Whether you're kicking off your career or looking to take the next big step, we offer opportunities for our team to start something BIG (along with some seriously good perks).
Mackay Service Operations are looking to grow their team of fitters in the Paget based Undercarriage Rebuild Center. This is a Permanent Full-Time role working Monday-Friday or on an even time roster based solely IN TOWN - working to support our customers across mining, resources and construction industries - specializing in Track Frames.
A Fitter opportunity at Hastings Deering will provide you the experience to develop your skills with the following.
- Repair, maintain and service key CAT machinery.
- Perform diagnostic assessments on mining and general construction equipment.
- Work as part of as skilled and driven team and get hands on with the following: Wheel loaders, Graders - 140M, 140H; Articulated Trucks, Excavators, Dozers, Backhoes, Rollers - Smooth drum and multi tyre; Skid Steers and Stand-alone engines.
- Not to mention our surface mining equipment including Dozers, Wheel Loaders and Off Highway trucks
Why Hastings Deering?
At Hastings Deering our people are our heart-it's as simple as that.
When you start something big with Hastings Deering, you'll have access to:
- A competitive hourly rate and competency-based pay increases
- Employee discounts, rewards, and incentive programs.
- Income protection insurance
- Work life balance through flexible working arrangements.
- Dedicated programs and utilities to support your physical, mental, and financial health, such as our EAP, free health checks, and discounted private health insurance.
- Opportunities for training, mentorship, and career development specific to your role.
- A supportive, diverse, and inclusive team spread across Australia and internationally.
- Ask us about our employee bonus payments. Earn up to $750 per quarter!
A successful teammate will have experience in:
- Trade Qualification - Certificate III Engineering (Diesel Fitting) and or a similar automotive/industrial trade is essential.
- Experience in Engine and Powertrain Component Rebuilds is desirable.
- Computer Literate
- Previous experience on CAT machinery & CAT diagnostic systems is essential.
- Previous experience working on CAT track frames desired but not essential.
- Committed to a No Harm Environment
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean workspace.
- A continuous Improvement commitment and positive attitude towards change
- Physically fit to pass a Pre-Employment Medical + D&A Screening
- A proficient & motivated work ethic
To Apply: Hit 'APPLY NOW'
About Hastings Deering
Hastings Deering is one of the top 5 Caterpillar dealerships globally. We sell, rent, and offer support and parts distribution services for Cat® products across a range of industries, including resources, general construction, civil transport and commercial construction, power systems, government, primary industries and marine.
We have more than 3,500 employees across 23 business service centres throughout Queensland, Northern Territory, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and New Caledonia, with our headquarters based in Brisbane, Australia.
Terms and Conditions are applicable to all 'New Employee Attraction incentives'.