Working in partnership with Bowen Rail we are looking to speak to suitably experienced Track & Civil Managers who are seeking an exceptional leadership role within this rapidly expanding next generation rail freight business. Whilst the business is head-quartered in Bowen, North Queensland, this role also has locational flexibility to be based out of their regional offices in Rockhampton etc.
Reporting into the Head of Network, you would be accountable to set and manage effective planning of track and civil maintenance activities across the network to provide safe and reliable operation of the railway.
Key Deliverables will include:
- Safety Leadership: Set the standard for safety at Bowen Rail Company. Demonstrate visible safety leadership in line with the values.
- Key Stakeholder Management: Develop strong positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Lead the Network control team ensuring sufficient resources are assigned.
- Positively influence and advise leaders and workers on rail safety requirements and related legislation including Office of the Rail Safety Regulator and workplace health and safety.
- Maintain sound and current knowledge of legislation, policies, and safety guidelines specifically related to a rail environment including safe working rules within the network to deliver business outcomes safely and effectively.
- Provide advice, training, consultation, monitoring and governance for compliance, to support stakeholders ensuring all relevant legislation, policies and procedures are implemented and effective.
- Complete allocated safe working actions as directed, and support to assist other HSEQ team members across the network.
To be suitable for the role you are likely to have:
- 10+years’ experience with maintenance activities within a rail environment.
- Contractor Management in relation to rail maintenance activities and requirements.
- Ability to effectively engage team members, establish and sustain relationships, set clear expectations, and provide coaching.
- Testing and Fault finding.
- SARC - Safely Access the Rail Corridor (Nationally Accredited)
- RIW Card (Rail Industry Worker Identification)
- Current Open Class ‘C’ Driver’s Licence.
- Cert IV Rail Infrastructure or equivalent engineering discipline qualifications
- RPEQ Certification
- Australian working rights
In return you will be rewarded with:
- The rare opportunity to join a newly established rail operator in Queensland.
- A company that invests in you and your career development.
- Competitive remuneration package including relocation assistance.
- The opportunity to work with a deeply experienced and varied senior leadership team with extensive experience in the rail and resources industry.
- Enjoy your leisure time in and around the beautiful Whitsundays.
Should you be interested in applying for the role please submit your CV. For additional information or a confidential conversation in relation to the role please contact Tim Naylor on email@example.com or call on 0449256596.
Recruitment Engineering Services will be conducting initial screening followed by 1st interview via a Teams call, prior to technical interviews with Bowen Rail.