We are a 75 year old family owned, North Queensland based company with business operations in Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia with a client base Australia wide as well as Asia, The Americas and Europe.
Currently we are seeking applications for entry level Mill Hands to service our hardwood sawmill operations in Theodore. Theodore is a small Queensland town situated on the Dawson River just off the Leichhardt Highway 565 kilometres north-west from Brisbane.
About the role:
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are not afraid of a challenge, Theodore Mill is looking for you! Some of the job tasks will be:
- Manual handling of timber
- General labouring/trade assistant tasks
- Ensuring timber is stacked, tallied and packaged to specification
- Setting aside any material which is not up to specified grade.
You have to be able to:
- Meet deadlines and goals
- Work as part of the team and individually
- Be physically fit and able to perform repetitive manual handling tasks
- Display sound numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to show initiative and motivation
- Ability to take directions.
What we can offer:
- Above award rates
- Fantastic career opportunities
- Ongoing training and development.
How to apply:
If you are interested in a start out Mill Hand role, we would like to hear from you. Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serious applicants, who reside in or have the ability to travel to Theodore, need only apply.