- Rotating shifts including days, nights and weekends
- 24/7 Rail Operation
- Permanent opportunity, Gladstone location
Pacific National (PN) is the largest private provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We are a company built on solid foundations and we are incredibly proud of the essential role we continue to play supporting Australia’s supply chain. At Pacific National, we take great pride in delivering our best every day and have a relentless focus on customer service and place safety above all else.
We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia. We respect and care for the communities in which we operate and continue to evolve our community engagement and strengthen relationships through partnerships and investment. We are focused on reducing the carbon emissions of our business, while also enabling the reduction of carbon emissions in the broader supply chain to support the National targets.
We are seeking an experienced full time Terminal Operator. As a TO you are will be multi-skilled and assist in various aspects of the operation. Initially you will be trained as a roadman and progress over time to learn different competencies including, shunting, examining wagons, and medium computer skills as they can progress to Locomotive shunt Drivers. You will be required to work shift work and adhere to all safe work instructions and standard operating procedures to ensure we achieve ‘home safe, every day’.
We are seeking a Terminal Operator, Qualified; on site training will be provided to all New Starters. To be successful in the role;
- You will ideally have experience in an industrial environment such as Transport, Logistics or Warehousing; previous Rail experience will be highly advantageous.
- Prior experience in train shunting, marshalling loading and unloading of intermodal freight containers is highly desirable.
- This is a role that requires a responsible and accountable individual who will efficiently and safely undertake their duties in this safety critical environment
- You will be required to have a current Australian Drivers Licence.
- Prior experience working shift work, ideally a 24/7 rotating roster will be highly regarded.
- General computer proficiency is required for this role.
- You will be a team player who thinks ahead and enjoys a challenge.
At Pacific National we value diversity, inclusion and the contribution of each team member. Our values underpin our commitment to create an inclusive culture where everyone is accepted and valued for who they are, enabling everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. When you join the Pacific National team, you’ll be encouraged to take ownership of your career and we’ll be there to support you with a range of exciting initiatives including:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Paid parental leave up to 12 weeks for primary carers at full pay after 12 months service
- A focus on your mental health and wellbeing through our PeerConnect program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, administered by Benestar, offering confidential counselling services for employees and their eligible family members, paid for by us at no cost to you
- Access to Unmind, a digital platform that gives you access to tools, training and exercises that will support your mental wellbeing
- Discounted ﬁtness and wellbeing beneﬁts with membership to WhereFit, our wellbeing benefits partner
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel,retail brands, vehicles and more.
We are proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for women, and you can visit our Work180 page to find out more including a list of all of our benefits and policies.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, Share More, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Do you need reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process?
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please outline at the time of your application.
Applications close on 20th November 2023
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work, live and rail. We pay respect to Elders past, present and future and to the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.