At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The Technical Support Officer Water Utilities is responsible for supporting the Maintenance Execution Supervisors work management activities.
Reporting to the Superintendent Water Utilities, your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to maintenance execution supervisors.
- Review maintenance work schedule and provide feedback to planning stakeholders in conjunction with maintenance execution supervisors.
- Evaluates maintenance notifications using 1SAP and ensuring minimum information requirements have been met (e.g. equipment number, priority, functional location, resources, components and description of scope).
- Regularly review and monitor operational performance (i.e. on a daily, weekly and monthly basis) to assess and communicate the achievement of key work management performance metrics.
- Performs in-field planned task observations and documents findings to inform scheduling improvement initiatives.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis problem solving sessions.
As a successful candidate you will possess the following:
- Experience with 1SAP will be highly regarded.
- Experience with MOC, Flex or BOS systems will be highly regarded.
- Experience working in a maintenance supervisor or planning role is desirable.
- Trade background is desirable however not essential.
- Knowledge and experience of treatment plants (sewerage and water) as well as raw water pipelines will be highly regarded.
- Australian C Class drivers' licence.
In this full-time permanent position, you will be based in Moranbah Queensland, on a flexible working roster with the opportunity to work from home. There is flexibility either you are residential based or on a travel arrangement (fly-in fly out or drive-in drive out).
To find out more about working with our BMA team and to meet some of our team, Click here
Reference Number - 54311
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- You may be requested to complete a video assessment as part of the initial recruitment process. Video assessment is only applied to external applicant.
- Application closes on Tuesday, 21st June 2022. While Virtual Assessment closes on Thursday, 23rd June 2022 (not applicable for Internal BHP applicants). Please note late applications will not be accepted.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website. [link removed] Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.