Mackellar is the mining services contractor for Bravus’ Carmichael Mine and together we are creating jobs and opportunities for regional Queensland. We have recently reached the coal seams at the mine site located in the Galilee Basin and we’re excited to be building our team as we work towards production.
Key Responsibilities include:
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Short, medium and long term mine planning activities including mine designs and scheduling to meet contract requirements for safe and optimum production and operations
- Examine open cut mining methods and equipment to improve performance
- Oversee the preparation of drilling and blasting plans
- Provide and deliver plans to operational personnel and monitor progress against plan
- Communicate effectively with peers and Management regarding operational and technical matters
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mining or Civil preferred)
- Previous experience in a senior Engineering role, with the ability to build and manage high performing teams
- Experience working at an Open Cut Coal Mining operation
- Current Mining Supervisor – G1, G8, G9 (formerly S1, S2, S3) & G2
We are looking for someone who leads by example, can effectively influence, and negotiate with the client, and can build and lead a strong performing team.
Only those with the relevant experience and qualifications will be considered.
We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.