An excellent opportunity exists for a Technical Service Officer to join our organisation which specialises in the delivery of drill and blast related services to mining, quarrying and construction industries.
Based at our Central Queensland operations, the role of Technical Services Officer involves the day to day delivery, reporting and designs of Blast plans, surveys and audits to external clients.
Previous experience with in a Technical Services or Surveying role with a strong mathematical ability, preferably within the explosives, mining or quarrying industry is desirable. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to complete tasks and meet targets at a high standard with a strong customer service focus whilst complying with safety systems and procedures.
About the role:
- Provide technical guidance for all blasting activities on site
- Liaise with Area Supervisors to produce timely drill and blast designs.
- Develop and maintain plans, designs and blast packs for all shots.
- Provide direction to Operations re shot locations, timing and blasting requirements.
- Issue drill pattern preparation plans, liaising with Production Supervisors to allow sufficient preparation ensuring drill operations have limited downtime.
- Record shots, results, and complete blast reconciliations for all blasts on site.
- Ensure blast design meets regulatory compliance (vibration, noise)
- Support Drill & Blast Crew on effective blasting and drilling techniques.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in incident investigation
The successful candidates must have:
- Hold Open Manual Full Driver's license
- High level analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated safe and productive management of mine plant and facilities.
- Confident with mining software packages and engineering practices
- Understand information management processes
- ability to obtain required licenses (HCDG, Class 1, DG)
- obtain national police
- undergo a pre-employment medical examination (including drug screen)
What we offer:
- Supportive, friendly team and a great working environment
- Commitment to safe work practices
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuous in-house training
- People with no previous experience are encouraged to apply
- Candidates will also need to meet the requirements of the QLD vaccination mandate
- People with Surveying back ground are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
To apply or find out more, hit the "Apply for this job now" button and submit your Resume today!