Technical Officer – Vessel Inspector
- 9 Day Fortnight Maintenance Roster
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Enjoy a coastal lifestyle in Gladstone
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
We are looking for a Technical Officer – Vessel Inspector to provide a specialist inspection service to the Yarwun refinery.
This role is a great opportunity for a motivated mechanically minded individual, who can monitor trends and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders. Reporting to the Condition Monitoring Team leader in the Engineering department, you will be:
- Required to produce detailed plant condition reports with relevant standards.
- Able to maintain the refinery’s Non-Destructive Testing Reporting Systems.
- Identify changes to the maintenance strategy based on plant condition data.
- Assist the Specialist / Mechanical Integrity in Statutory Compliance of relevant plant and equipment.
- Interpret and analyse codes, regulation, and industry standards.
- Approve repairs as well as visual inspections of completed work.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- AICIP Vessel inspection
- Previous NDT experience highly regarded in Ultrasonic Testing Level 2, Magnetic Particle Testing Level 2, Phased Array and Corrosion Mapping.
- High Risk Work License
- Confined Space Heavy industry and experience.
- Safety orientated, analytical and able to work effectively within a team and on your own.
- SAP Knowledge and Experience
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- API 653
- Current NDT Qualifications
What we offer
- Domestic relocation available
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive salary package with annual cash incentive awards (STIP)
- Access to top tier family-friendly health and medical programs
- Excellent retirement plan
- Paid Parental Leave Up to 9 Months (No distinction between primary or secondary carer)
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental leave, short term sick leave, paid holidays)
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matters
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive. We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents.
Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Rio Tinto Aluminium – Yarwun Operations
With production beginning in 2004 at our Yarwun alumina refinery, located approximately 10 kilometres north-west of Gladstone in Central Queensland, today the operation produces more than three million tonnes of alumina per year.
Around 700 people support the operation, with an additional 350 contractors on site each year as part of scheduled maintenance shutdown activities. Thanks to its ‘Industry 4.0’ focus, Yarwun is also a leader in trialling new technologies to improve operations on site, including 3D printing, robotics and drones in confined spaces, and is home to Rio Tinto’s innovative Queensland Research and Development Centre (QRDC).
Along with Boyne Smelters Limited and Queensland Alumina Limited, our Yarwun Operation supports the local community in a wide range of initiatives through Here for Gladstone.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Closing date: 2nd October 2023
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please submit your application as soon as possible.”