- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $73,912 per annum (LGIA Stream B Level 6 + Site Allowance + Leading Hand Allowance 2) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Have you got a background in Civil Construction and looking for the next step in your career?
Lead the Urban Operations team in undertaking a wide range of construction and maintenance work including general labouring, road building, pipe laying, concreting, maintaining, and operating small machinery and plant operation.
You will coordinate and supervise your team’s daily activities, forward plan works and ensure all construction plans, specifications and standards are adhered to.
What we are looking for
- Substantial experience in civil construction and maintenance
- Leadership qualities and supervisory skills with knowledge and experience in leading a team to success.
- Ability to plan and organise tasks/work of a work crew to meet schedules and standards.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to problem solve, build relationships with all stakeholders, and provide the best customer experience.
- Ability to contribute to and uphold Council’s Safety-First culture.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
- A 1-2 Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below.
- Your Current resume.
- Leadership skills with a commitment to motivating your team to achieve high work standards.
- High level of experience in a range of civil construction works, preferably in a leadership capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with members of the public, co-workers, and contractors.
- Safety focussed with very strong knowledge, understanding of, and commitment to WH&S procedures and policies.
Please use Council’s and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button to complete your online application.