- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $62,350 per annum (LGIA Stream B Level 6 + Site Allowance + Leading Hand Allowance 2) + Superannuation
- Location –Mount Morgan
Your new role
Do you have experience in the operation, maintenance and servicing of plant in the civil construction industry and looking to take the next step in your career? Council is seeking a highly motivated Team Leader/Grader Operator to join their Rural Operations team based at Mount Morgan.
Lead, motivate and direct members of the team by coordinating daily activities and assisting in forward planning and organising of works.
You will operate the Grader for the construction of sealed and unsealed road pavements, and also undertake general civil construction labouring duties including, but not limited to, pipe laying, concreting, level-checking, bitumen/road works and compaction using vibrating plate.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of plant, preferably in the civil construction industry.
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate and mentor a team.
- Ability to carry out your duties in a safe manner whilst ensuring the safety of your team members and customers.
- Must be capable of working harmoniously and productively in a diverse and multi skilled work team.
- A positive attitude with an ability to work in rural and remote locations.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
- A 2-3 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
- Your Current resume.
- Ability to legally operate mobile plant (Grader), “HR” Class Licence or UD endorsed “C” licence, Construction Industry Induction (White Card) and Traffic Management Implementation.
- Solid experience in a rural Civil Construction environment with skills in Grader operations, preferably the ability to perform final trim grader operations.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct members of the team whilst promoting a Safety First attitude.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.
Applications Close: Monday 15 August 2022 at Midnight (AEST)