Komatsu develops and supplies technologies, equipment and services for the construction, mining, forklift, industrial and forestry markets. For a century, the company has been creating value for its customers through manufacturing and technology innovation, partnering with others to empower a sustainable future where people, business and the planet thrive together. Front-line industries worldwide use Komatsu solutions to develop modern infrastructure, extract fundamental minerals, maintain forests and create consumer products. The company's global service and distributor networks support customer operations to enhance safety and productivity while optimising performance.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Team Leader to join our Parkhurst operation, supervising and leading the Electrical Department. The individual we are looking for is self-motivated towards excellence and able to motivate others to become high achievers.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, duties will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement safe working practices and safety culture, to ensure superior levels of safety and housekeeping are obtained
- Direct and control the daily operations of the Workshop
- Manage resource utilisation to achieve successful project/job outcomes
- Implement, monitor and review systems, policies and procedures
- Encourage a flexible workforce and a culture of continuous improvement
- Liaise with employees and management to develop relationships that are conducive to the successful completion of projects
- Interact with other operations personnel, supply, engineering, sales, EH&S and finance to achieve successful project/job outcomes
- Good knowledge and understanding of AS3000 standard
- Actively participate and support the Joy Global Safety Management System and assist in the development and maintenance of our zero-harm culture.
Skills and attributes required:
- Trade Certificate qualification
- Willing to obtain Electrical contractor’s licence
- Responsible for site electrical infrastructure maintenance
- 3-5 years’ experience in a team supervisory/leadership role
- 3-5 years’ post-trade experience in relevant industry or trade role
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience in the repair, maintenance, or manufacture of relevant equipment in a workshop environment
- OH&S and First Aid Certificates desirable
- Computer literacy with experience using SAP and Gantt charts highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience managing resource utilisation
- Experience and ability to interact and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to driving a safety culture
- Flexibility to supervise extended shift and weekend work patterns when required
Komatsu offers a zero harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, interesting and diverse experience with opportunities to grow professionally in a progressive learning environment.
All applications must be supported by an up-to-date resume and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status