Calliope SHS is located in the Gladstone region which is situated in the centre of the Southern Great Barrier Reef and provides easy access to a number of unique islands. These islands provide unmissable opportunities for diving and snorkelling through coral cays and reef lagoons. Turtles, an array of tropical fish and even Manta Rays are all common sightings. The region is serviced by rail, road, sea and air travel giving you the convenience to move around and see all the Central Queensland region have to offer.
Teaching in Queensland:
- Assistance to relocate is available
- Departmental accommodation may be applied for
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more click here
Applicants for this position must possess:
How to apply:
- A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
- Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
- Working rights in Australia, which means you have, or you are eligible to obtain a valid Australian Visa with work rights (if you're not already an Australian Citizen or resident).
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland.
- Pre-service/graduate teachers must have been granted provisional registration prior to commencing employment as a teacher. For more information regarding registration requirements, please click here.
- In addition to registration, teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information on blue cards and exemption cards, please click here.
- Click the Green 'Apply online' button below
- Enter your personal details
- Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees
- Graduates and pre-service teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. **This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.