- Do you enjoy making a real difference in the lives of vulnerable young people?
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Full time position available (76 hrs per fortnight)
Carinity Education Gladstone has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Teacher to join the team on a full time permanent basis.
Be part of a small Special Assistance School providing expert, coordinated support to secondary or primary school aged young people. Many of our students have experienced trauma or are faced with challenges that make it difficult for them to thrive in a mainstream school. You will play a vital and rewarding role in ensuring these students receive a genuine opportunity at a quality education.
Our school is proud to be different, we focus on the whole child, creating a sense of belonging and building positive relationships with them.
Our small class sizes will allow you to get to know each individual student, build a relationship with them and help them develop a positive sense of self.
With a dedicated Youth Worker in every classroom, the support you receive will allow you to focus on creating lessons to engage and support the individual needs of your students.
By providing practical education as well as supporting the wellbeing of students, our team at Carinity Education create a safe and supportive environment where students can grow, change and achieve their dreams.
Carinity Education operate four special assistance schools across Queensland. You will have access to the knowledge and support of a team of passionate staff who are empathetic, friendly, warm and supportive – a team that create a welcoming, safe, personalised environment for each young person in their care.
The bonuses of joining the Carinity team
- Access to extensive not-for-profit salary packaging options
- Join a value driven organisation, with a culture of caring for others
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for staff and their immediate family
What do I need for the role?
- Current QLD Teacher Registration
- High levels of flexibility and willingness to teach across subject areas
- General teaching subjects and/or PE
- Primary or Secondary trained
- Experience in providing support and education for marginalised young people, trauma impacted learners and those suffering as a result of Adverse Childhood Experiences.
- Experience and/or knowledges in trauma informed practices in an educational setting or willingness to learn.
Who is Carinity?
Carinity is a not-for-profit, values-driven organisation, which has been making a real difference in people’s lives since 1949 through comprehensive and integrated community services including residential aged care, retirement living, home care, schools for disengaged youth, disability respite, counselling, and youth accommodation.
How do I apply?
Carinity is after motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are committed to working with Carinity to make a real difference. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
If this is the position for you, to apply click the Apply button on this page. Applications should include a brief cover letter and Resume that addresses the Essential Competencies and Experiences listed in the Position Description available below.
Carinity actively encourages and invites applications from people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.