About this Opportunity
- $45.54 to $51.31 per hour (plus 17% super) with potential for overtime
- Continuing, Full-Time (36.25 hours a week – no more night shifts)
- CQUniversity Gladstone (Comprehensive relocation package available)
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
Working at CQUniversity
Your chance to train the tradie
At CQUniversity, we recognise that real life industry experience is the most important aspect when appointing teaching staff, we know that this experience and your creditability is going to be valued by our students.
We are seeking tradespeople with current industry experience and a passion to teach the next generation of apprentices at our Gladstone campus. This is your opportunity to share your valuable knowledge, skills, and experience – with a mixture of workshop, classroom, and office duties.
Find out more about becoming a Teacher for CQUniversity's School of Trades here.
- Job security with a permanent position
- 6 weeks annual leave, 5 days paid carers leave
- 17% superannuation (award winning superfund)
- Flexible work / life balance
- Generous staff professional and career development
- No coal board medicals or site inductions necessary
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
Get paid to work and study at the same time
If you don’t hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, don’t worry! CQUniversity will provide you with a scholarship and you’ll be paid to work and study. Once you have completed this certificate, you’ll hold the qualifications required to teach apprentices the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in their trade. You’ll receive all the support you need to successfully kick-start your teaching career at CQUniversity.
Consider a change in scenery and make the move to Regional Queensland
Join us in regional Queensland where you will enjoy an active sporting community, a sub-tropical climate and access to the Great Barrier Reef and pristine islands, waterways, and beaches. CQUniversity’s generous relocation packages will provide you and your family with financial assistance to help you begin the next stage of your career in a place that offers you a relaxing, laidback regional lifestyle without the hustle and bustle of the big city.
- Possession of a vocational qualification relevant to the trade.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or a Diploma or higher-level qualification in adult education, or equivalent.
For further information about this position, please refer to the Position Description.
Apply today for a career that changes lives
Job Requisition ID: 3021
When submitting your application, please include:
Your Current CV or Resume, and a 1-2 page Cover Letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience and suitability for the position.
Please note, applicants for the position must have full time work rights.
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and CQUniversity’s domestic and international student graduates with post-study work rights are encouraged to apply.