- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 72.5 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $89,152 - $92,863 per annum (LGIA Stream A Level 5) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
The Finance Section is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Systems Accountant to join the team. This is an excellent opportunity for an accountant to advance their skills in a specialised area and become part of a diverse finance team with opportunities for career advancement.
This position will see you assisting in reporting and the implementation of Council’s Finance System through system upgrades and changes and ensure integration with other systems. Using your strong accounting and problem solving skills you will provide technical financial support to ensure audit requirements are met and working in line with system requirements and Accounting Standards.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- Tertiary Qualification in Accounting and experience with a Finance background.
- Ability to apply technical accounting skills in a financial system.
- Attention to detail and ability to develop financial reports.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to interpret information and problem solve to identify suitable solutions.
- Ability to identify, understand and manage risks so that work can be delivered safely and to required standard.
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
- A 2-3 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
- Your Current resume.
- Degree qualification in Accounting and working knowledge or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of relevant Local Government operations and legislative framework and accounting practices.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to design and document processes and achieve results.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and the ability to apply these skills in a financial system environment to suit audit requirements.
- Proven capability in functional systems administration, including report writing, understanding data structures, systems interfacing, systems testing and ability to troubleshoot.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.