A fantastic opportunity to grow and develop your experience in the Coal Mining Industry. Join a team of highly regarded professionals!
Anglo American Steelmaking Coal
Steelmaking coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate five steelmaking coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, and have additional joint venture interests in steelmaking coal and manganese, as well as copper exploration projects underway in North West Queensland and Western Australia.
Reporting to the Survey Coordinator, you will be an energetic mining professional looking for an opportunity to develop your career in mine surveying. You will provide best practice survey services to support mining operations while ensuring your surveys comply with statutory requirements and with AAMC surveying standards.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide survey set out, pickup, reconciliation and reporting services
- Constant liaison and collaboration with technical services personnel and production crews
- Survey volumes/calculations for waste excavation, coal mining and rehabilitation quantities for end of month reporting
- Provision of design compliance plans on a weekly basis or as required
- Provide as built surfaces using Maptek scanners, Trimble GPS, and RPAS surveys, weekly or as required
- Mine Surveying experience within an Opencut coal mining operation
- Technical proficiency in the use of data processing and design software used in mine surveying
- Demonstrated experience contributing to a team of professionals to deliver against set targets
- Ability to understand functionality of business systems and provide relevant data for business purposes
- Degree in Surveying or Spatial Science
- Remote Pilot License (RePL) – Desirable
- Full-time. Permanent position
- 8 ON / 6 OFF Roster
- Subsidised accommodation available & FIFO (salary sacrifice) options
- Attractive Salary & Annual Bonus + 12% Super
What we Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity, and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Anglo American, we embrace change and promote an inclusive and diverse environment where you can bring your whole self to work, every day. We are adopting new approaches to recruitment, talent development, mentoring, parental leave, and flexible working to further support diversity across our business.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Do you know someone who would fit this role? Employee referrals will be accepted for this job. Refer to your local Referral Guidelines for policy conditions and amounts.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
3rd October 2022
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American Metallurgical Coal does not accept unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.