Glencore’s purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. At Oaky Creek Coal we fulfil this purpose by responsibly producing and distributing high quality export coking coal. Our values of safety, integrity, responsibility, openness, simplicity, and entrepreneurialism reflect our purpose, our priorities and the beliefs that drive our behaviour as we carry out our business activities. They define what it means to work at Glencore, regardless of location or role.
We know it’s our people that make it all possible. Our culture promotes teamwork and rewards dedicated people with a can-do spirit, who take responsibility, and who have the drive to be leaders in their field. We expect a lot, but we give a lot in return, recognising and rewarding exceptional work and helping you achieve your career and professional goals.
Reporting to the Surface Superintendent, will be responsible for the coordination of all surface infrastructure mechanical maintenance to support safe and reliable operations at Oaky North.
Oaky Creek Coal is looking for a driven individual who demonstrates high levels of organisation and attention to detail. These skills will assist in creating the weekly schedule and compilation of reports and investigations intended to maintain all plant in a fit for purpose condition.
With safety as your key priority, you will work efficiently to optimise all operational and maintenance activities of all surface infrastructure. You will be responsible for the execution of maintenance plans while providing relevant information to enable key performance indicators are met and improved on.
At Oaky Creek Coal, we hire for attitude and train for skill. We look for people who are adaptable, self-driven and think critically.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- At least two years’ experience in coal mining or similar heavy industry
- Proven supervisory experience
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills, be an engaged, hands on and driven individual
- Relevant qualifications in a Mechanical trade (or equivalent)
- Experience interpreting Coal Mining Legislation Acts and Codes
In return, you will get:
- Highly competitive mining salary plus annual short-term performance bonus
- 5 weeks annual leave per year
- Access to Coal Mining Industry Long Service Leave
- Opportunities to salary sacrifice
- Provision for Education Assistance to further your studies
- Qualifications for completing electrical work in hazardous areas
- High Voltage training
- Qualifications for appointment as QLD Coal Mining Electrical Engineering Manager
- Relocation assistance and generous subsidised housing is on offer
The local town of Tieri offers an exceptional standard of living and a vast array of facilities for adults and children. Visit ( www.tieri.com.au [link removed] ) to see what it is really like to live and work in our top little town.
Sunday 3 July 2022
As per company policy, internal applicants should discuss their interest in this position with their manager prior to applying.
For further information please contact: Kelly Barns, Human Resources Officer on 07 49 847 403.