Who we are:
Home Support Association Inc (HSA) originated as a local, grass-roots service through the work of people living in this community and driven by the needs of people living in this community and continues to operate under these principles today after 30 years of change and growth.
At HSA, as a truly local, NDIS provider, we work alongside people to identify their strengths, interests and goals, providing just the right amount of support they need to be able to live the lifestyle they choose.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Service Delivery Team as a permanent, full time, Supported Independent Living (SIL) Officer. While working Monday- Friday office hours under the general direction of the Service Delivery Manager, the successful incumbent will be responsible for maintaining a team environment that supports positive relationships with Service Users and stakeholders. You will provide specialist advice to Team Leaders and Support Workers within the SIL function.
As a SIL Officer, you will oversee the end-to-end SIL process ensuring consistent and accurate practices are developed and maintained as you are the link between the SIL clients, their families or guardians, HSA SIL staff and the organisation. You will oversee and develop a range of innovative housing service models and continually participate in how we evolve and develop new support opportunities for our service users.
This role is fast paced and no two days are ever the same, as a SIL Officer you will need to adapt to changes as directed by NDIA, while keeping abreast of client needs and goals.
Challenge accepted? Read on…
In this role you will:
- Oversee the supports in SIL houses and ensure our clients’ needs are being met.
- Possess well-developed skills in building positive and sustainable relationships including superior skills in mediation and negotiation, collaboration and consultation with a range of stakeholders including health professionals.
- Coach and mentor your team across our SIL services, promoting the rights, safety and wellbeing of participants, working within the legislative frameworks and funded service agreements.
- Effectively measure and report on participant outcomes that respond to personal goals and aspirations.
Our ideal candidate will have:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiating and report writing with proven ability to interact proactively with participants with varying disabilities, management and staff at all level of the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage remote teams enabling a sense of independence to deliver a high quality customer service experience to our SIL Service Users and maintain motivated, professional and customer focused work teams.
- Well-developed knowledge and experience, or the ability to rapidly acquire, in the application of the NDIS, contemporary community services, disability support procedures and practices.
- Current ‘C’ class driver’s license.
- Be eligible to apply for and maintain a Disability Worker Screening (Yellow Card) and a Working with Children Check (Blue Card).
- Ability to provide after hours on-call assistance on a rotating team roster. Equates to 1 week in 8, with applicable allowances.
Please Note: To ensure health and safety we are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements, such as public health directions with respect to COVID-19 vaccinations.
What can we Offer you:
Working for an established, not for profit, local organisation, celebrating our 30 years of service to the community.
- Access to learning and development with optional career progression and pathway planning.
- Award salary, including allowances along with not for profit salary packaging options.
- Employee Assistance Program with an active wellness group managed by staff.
- A welcoming and friendly team environment.
If you have what we are looking for Apply to join our team.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button to submit your cover letter and resume.
Closing– COB Tuesday 10th May 2022
For further information please contact Home Support Association on 0438 393 448 or email@example.com
We encourage you to apply today. We will be actively shortlisting applications as they are received.
HSA reserves the right to close this role to new applications prior to the advised closing date, should suitable candidates be identified for this opportunity.