Wahroonga Residential Aged Care located in Biloela provides a vital service to the community, our residents and staff enjoy a fantastic place to work with beautiful surroundings and a positive culture.
We are excited to offer positions for personal Carers to join the amazing existing team, and make a difference in the day to day lives of our residents. We value our staff and provide training and ongoing support and therefore are prepared to offer positions to candidates who are in the process of attaining their Certificate III in Supported Living.
Lutheran Services is a not-for-profit organisation that has been serving the people and communities of Queensland since 1935. We provide quality, contemporary care and support for people of all backgrounds, at more than 20 locations throughout Queensland.
Our dedicated workforce of nearly 1800 makes a difference to the lives of many people every day. They bring our vision to life – helping those we serve to pursue the lives they hope for, and enabling the communities we are part of to thrive.
As a member of the Lutheran Services team, you will enjoy a great work-life balance, generous benefits, flexible arrangements and ongoing opportunities for professional development and career progression.
About the role:
- Assisting clients with personal care activities
- Providing assistance to residents or clients to the delivery of personal care to support everyday living
- Support domestic and household duties including meal support and supporting routine activities.
- Maintaining and promoting a therapeutic environment for the management of the aged care customers according to the Aged Care Standards and best practice.
- Collecting and reporting data and completing assessments to assist with the formation of nursing care plans and funding submissions for each resident.
- Functioning and accepting responsibility for own practice in accordance with legislation and common law affecting nursing practice.
- Applying concepts of continuous improvement.
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships within the service and also members of the external health care team.
Our Personal Carers must be available to work a variety of shifts including mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends.
You will enjoy going to work everyday and be passionate about providing care.
- Hold a Certificate III (or higher) in Aged Care or Community Services or be prepared to obtain one
- Have experience working as a Personal Carer in Residential Aged Care and understand the importance of delivering exceptional holistic resident care
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to form lasting connections with our residents and their families,
- Hold an Australian driver’s licence
- Hold or be willing to acquire a NDIS Screening Clearance
What we offer:
A professional work environment in an organisation that genuinely cares, values dedication and performance. You will receive:
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to salary packaging
- Mileage allowance
- Good work life balance
- Access to discounts, such as health insurance, holiday and travel, gym membership, IT and home appliances
- Membership to our dedicated Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for the role, please attach your resume, complete the application form and the questions below. For a copy of the position description please click here.