- Permanent Part-Time position available in Rockhampton/Yeppoon area!
- Minimum 40 hours per fortnight, additional shifts will be available through rostering
- Buddy shifts and ongoing training provided to help you settle into your new role
- Encouraged ongoing professional development and diverse career opportunities
Who is Endeavour Foundation?
We are people working together, making possibilities a reality for people with a disability. We call ourselves #teamposible!
Endeavour Foundation is one of Australia’s largest employers of people living with disability, so being inclusive and diverse is not just an aspiration, it is who we are! Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is at the heart of everything we do and getting it right goes hand in hand with living our organisational values and our purpose of making possibilities a reality.
What can Endeavour Foundation offer you?
- Salary Packaging Benefits! Package up to $15,900 of your annual salary tax free. Less tax = more take home pay for you!
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holiday accommodation etc.)
- An Employee Assistance Program - a free and confidential counselling service available to all staff and their family members
- Discounts on Corporate Private Health Insurance Plans, whitegoods and appliances and
- Paid Parental Leave
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Free flu vaccinations
What can I expect in a typical day working as a Support Worker at Endeavour Foundation?
We support people in their homes and into the community, providing them with the opportunity to live their best lives and to fulfill their goals and dreams! We’re here to help people flourish according to their own interests and priorities.
In this role you will provide support within our Community Service; assisting people with disabilities to live as independently as possible, whether they have complex needs or just need some additional support at home. No two days will be the same - you may hear that phrase a lot but here at Endeavour Foundation, it couldn't be more true! Other key duties will include:
- Helping people to achieve their NDIS goals by developing important daily skills such as housekeeping, personal care, social skills and budgeting
- Assisting with aspects of personal care where required to meet the individual needs of the people we support
- Supporting with meal planning, cooking, light cleaning and facilitating community connection by socialising and going on outings
- Providing support during daily activities such as going for a walk, going to the movies or accompanying to an appointment
- Helping the people we support to maintain a connection to their family, friends, and services
Ever wondered what it's really like being a Disability Support Worker? Click here to find out!
What will you bring to the role?
- You are a true people person who is passionate, patient, empathetic and resilient
- You are dedicated to empowering people with disabilities to live their best lives
- Flexibility to work various shifts including days, evening, early morning, weekends and sleepovers
- Flexibility to travel to Yeppoon
- The capacity to meet the physical requirements as some manual handling tasks may be involved
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Commitment to privacy and confidentiality
- Good computer skills and experience using Word, Excel and Outlook
- A Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) would be great but it's not a "must"
How can you join Endeavour Foundation?
Please note, before commencing with Endeavour Foundation, you will be required to undertake a “Fit2Work” National Criminal History Check, hold or be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check (Blue Card), NDIS Worker Screening Check/Yellow Card and a First Aid and CPR certificate
If this is the opportunity for you, click ‘Apply’ below. We look forward to hearing from you!